Chapter Fifty-Three

I'm glad he didn't forget though, it felt good.

"Yeah I almost forgot about that," Darry said walking in the front door, "I couldn't though."

"Thanks Darry. Um. I don't know what I wanna do, whatever we all decided together."

Later that night the whole gang gathered around in the living room and we discussed what we were doing for my birthday.

"There's a party goin' on a Buck's that day, what about that," Dally suggested.

"I don't know about that," Darry said.

"Aw come on Darry, it'll do us some good," Steve said standing up.

"Well, Plicity what do you say? It's your birthday."

"I say, why not," I smiled.

"Alright," Two-Bit hollered. "We gotta celebration!"

Three Nights Later - Plicity's Birthday

We stepped into Buck's and I was kind of nervous. This is the first real party I've ever been to. I'm turning sixteen, and I guess I kind of actually feel older this year. I don't much like it either, when I get older I might have to leave the gang. And I just couldn't do that, I've grown up with them. The whole day I had wanted to cry because I was getting older, but this wasn't the time for that.

The room was illuminated by red and blue lights and filled with people. Two-Bit pulled all of us over to the bar.

"Plicity." My brother looked me dead in the eyes. "I'm paying try and keep up with me."

Soda put a hand on my shoulder, "Two-Bit this don't seem like too hot an idea."

"She'll be fine, every Matthews is a good drinker."

I wasn't too sure about this either, I was nervous to say the least. It wasn't gonna hurt me, I knew that. I just didn't know what I would do.

I turned to Sodapop, "watch me. Okay?"

He nodded his head and gave me a comforting smile.

Two-Bit set a beer down in front of me. I took a look at the whole gang before putting it to my mouth and taking a sip. That was nasty!

"Alright, that was your headstart. I'm jumpin' in now," my brother yelled.

It may be disgusting, but I had to beat Two-Bit and boy could he put them down when he wanted to. I don't think I'll ever drink again after this.

I raised it to my lips as Two-Bit did the same. I didn't put it down until it was gone. I took a deep breath hoping the awful taste would go away, it didn't. Two-Bit was slightly ahead of me.

I grabbed another putting it down just the same as the last. I had to push on, I couldn't give Two this. I put down another and another. That was four. He was on five. I wasn't exactly feeling all there, and I'm not sure what's going on around me.

I felt a tap on my shoulder. "You sure you can keep going?"

"Soda, Soda, Soda. Yes I can. No. Yeah."

I turned around and slowly put down another. That was five... I think. After another I lost all control.

"You're doin' better than I thought you would. Alright you win. I hate to give it to ya', but you've earned."

I laughed at him, "HA!"

"You're gonna feel this in the mornin'," my brother said before patting my shoulder and walking off.

I turned to realize that the gang wasn't there anymore, they must've split off a while ago. The only one that had stayed besides Two-Bit of course was Sodapop. I stood up on wobbly legs and grabbed Sodapop's hand dragging him off into the party.

Everything else became a blur.

I sat up and looked around, immediately noticing the pain in my head. I was in my bed at the Curtis' house. I got up and shut the curtains on my window, the light was blinding. Two-Bit drinks a lot, how does he handle this.

What even happened last night? I know we went to Buck's and I got into a drinking competition with my brother. That's where I went wrong, I should've eased myself into the drinking world or not at all, it was awful. It's sad that that's all I remember, I'm sure I had fun.

I didn't want to leave my room, but a sudden nauseous feeling over took me and I ran to the bathroom, throwing up in the toilet.

I walked into the kitchen and sat down at the table with Pony and Soda, Darry was cooking.

I looked to see Sodapop smiling at me.

"What are you smiling at," I jabbed at him.

He grew a shocked face, but only shortly before beginning to smile again.

I was grumpy this morning, I mean why wouldn't I be. I drank too much and now it's payback time.

"Told you it wasn't a good idea," Soda smiled.

A/N
Thank you for reading everyone! I just wanna say that underage drinking is bad, so.... don't do it. I thought it would be the perfect time to throw in her birthday to celebrate mine, it's coming up on Sunday. Thanks again everyone, I'd love to see what you have to say soooo....... COMMENT! VOTE! AND FOLLOW! STAY GOLD!