Remdemption [1]

• • •

The Pevensies"Perhaps we've been incorrectly labeled?"

The Pevensies
"Perhaps we've been incorrectly labeled?"

• • •

A wagon pulls up after the buggy drove past them. Edmund looked at it hesitantly and started wishing the mobile would drive back. A stern woman peers down from the seat, none too impressed.

"Pevensies?" She questioned, looking at him and his siblings like wild animals.

"Yes, ma'am," Peter answered holding Lucy's hand. "Mrs. Macready?"

"I'm afraid so. Is that it then? Haven't bought anything else?"

"No, ma'am. It's just us."

"Small favors." Mrs. Macready muttered, looking at them. "Load your things-"

Edmund picked up his suitcase and so did the others. Peter loaded their suitcases onto the wagon and helped them board on. Edmund refused his brother's help at first, but Peter grabbed his arm pulled him anyway.

"Quickly, we're on a schedule."

It had reached dusk as they were closing in close to the Professor's house. Edmund was bored out of his mind sitting in the wagon for what seemed like hours.

Though it had been only twenty minutes. Mrs. Macready informed them that they had arrived. His siblings were silent the whole ride none spoke to one another. They were probably thinking about their home and parents.

The wagon came to a full stop and Mrs. Macready got off. "You lot stay here. I'm going to inform the Professor."

Once she left the Pevensies looked at each then back at the mansion. Suddenly a shriek was heard coming from inside and yelling erupted.

Edmund winced remember being yelled at like that too long ago.

---

"Ms. Beckett! Get back here!" Mrs. Macready shouted, her hands made into a fist. "Wait til I tell the Professor!"

"Um I don't think he'll mind," Jolie said making a run for the stairs. Macready still on her trail. "if his housekeeper is covered in feathers. Will he?"

Jolie reached into the pocket of her dress and brought out a bag of marbles. Hastily, she grabbed a handful then dropped the colorful marbles, they rolled down the stairs, Mrs. Macready who failed to be cautious and slipped on some and stumbled backward on the staircase.

Macready landed back at the bottom of the staircase on her bum.

"Jolie Trina Beckett!"

"Using my full name! I'm shaking!"

She laughed maniacally and searched for a hiding spot. There were many rooms and nooks inside the mansion. Unfortunately, the housekeeper, spending years with Jolie knew them well too.