24 - Panic 😰

🙋🏻‍♀️ - Areena's POV
🗓️ -  Date - October 31, 2022

---

I received a message from Abid's PA, informing me that he had left for Dubai the evening before. All the meetings were postponed, and a new schedule would be sent shortly.

He didn't try to contact me. That feeling lingered in my mind, weighing heavily on my heart.

A battle raged within me.

Mind: He's still the same. History repeats itself once again. You can see it.

Heart: No, maybe he tried. But due to a sudden emergency, he wasn't able to contact you.

Mind: Yeah, right. He didn't even stop her that day. He just wants to use her, again. He doesn't care.

Heart: No, that's not true. His eyes showed concern for her. His warmth made her forget everything. That's not a coincidence. Those are feelings.

Mind: Again, you're wrong...!

Oh, just stop it, please.

I didn't know what was right or wrong, and I didn't want to think about him. Just leave me alone. A tear escaped from my eye, silently echoing the ache in my chest.

No, Areena, you can't do this to yourself again. You're strong now. I reminded myself, my voice whispers amidst the storm of emotions.

I washed my face and went downstairs. Mumma and papa were already waiting for me for breakfast.

Don't think, just focus.

I greeted them cheerfully, but behind my smile, a turmoil churned. They replied, their warmth a comforting embrace in the midst of my inner chaos. The delicious smell of food made me realize that I hadn't eaten since last night. How stupid of me. My stomach growled, a reminder of my neglect. Not wasting much time, I immersed myself in delicious Aloo Parathas with pickle, each bit a fleeting distraction from the turmoil within.

"Did Abid leave for Dubai last night?" Papa asked suddenly, his words a jolt back to reality.

I nodded, the mention of Abid stirring a mix of emotions within me. Why did he need to know about Abid all of a sudden? And how did he know he left?

After a silent breakfast, I bid goodbyes to my parents and left for my office, my mind still wrestling with the turmoil of emotions that Abid's absence had stirred within me.

🔸🔸🔸

As I entered my office, Abhi informed me that Mr. Zain Abdullah was waiting for me in my cabin.

"Why didn't you tell me earlier that he's here?" I asked him.

"Mr. Abdullah gave strict orders not to inform you about his arrival. He said he can wait for you."

"How long has he been waiting?"

"About half an hour."

"Okay."

I hastened to my cabin. Mr. Abdullah's unexpected visit suggested urgency.