Let The Games Begin

{NICO P.O.V.}

I was just hanging back with Hazel not wanting to dance like the others. My father dragged me here it didn't mean I had to enjoy it here. Who do I care if a girl gets married? I was talking to Hazel drilling her for info about this 'Frank' guy she met at the refreshment table when I saw a girl nearing me so I turned to see who. It was the bride to be.

 My cheeks heated and I think my heart stopped as I saw her walk to me in that gorgeous dress. Wait what?

  I looked at her blankly but I would say, I was slightly amused that she would come to me. She must not know who I am.

Hazel, on the other hand, smiled like she knew something I didn't.

The girl stopped a few feet in front of me and curtsied.

"My prince," She started. Who starts like that? "I am here to humbly ask you if you would like a dance with me." She looked up to see me staring at her with my dark obsidian eyes. I knew was getting nervous. I was going to tell her to go away but... was interrupted by My sister.

"He would love too!" She blurted. I looked at her raising an eyebrow.

"I would?" I asked Her. Hazel knew I hated dancing, ever since my father made me take dancing lessons hated it. She was probably making me do this so I wouldn't ask her about Frank anymore.

"Yes, you would now go on." She smiled. "I'll be fine here Nico just go." She encouraged me. I rolled my eyes holding out my hand for the girl to take. She took it and we both walked out onto the floor and danced.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I straightened up taking her right hand in my left and putting my hand on her waist as she put her left hand on my right shoulder trying to keep down her blush I obviously saw. The song started and we danced accordingly I was making small talk as we danced.

"So, what was the reason you asked to dance, Princess (L/N)?" I asked staring at her. Most who were dancing either stopped dancing or just stayed away from me. Nothing out of the ordinary.

"You looked lonely. Today is a happy night, everyone should be celebrating." She explained.

I looked at her a moment narrowed my eyes just a bit but opened them again. She was obviously lying.

"I watched you as you watched me all night," I said. She blushed. "Did you think I would not notice? You had been staring since I first came in as if trying to figure out who I was." I said only stopping to twirl the princess. "You conversed with Lady Piper who gave you information on me. Suiters throughout the night came to claim your hand but you shooed them away. Only keeping your eyes on me." I smirked at that. Only slightly. She blushed more. "So now I Get to tell my information one you."

"Go ahead." She urged me.

"Stop me if I am wrong but, You're unhappy with your engagement. You have not once gone and spent time with Leo since you stepped into this ballroom. You seemed relieved when you found him flirting with other women, not jealous at all. You may say he is a nice man and he would do anything for you but in reality, you don't truly love him. It seems your engagement is just a power arrangement to your Father." I nodded to her father and she looked. Apollo was still on his sun throne with Hephaestus at his side. He was staring at her as if daring her to make a move.

"Correct," She seemed to say sadly and I twirled her again.

I looked into her shining (E/C) eyes and hid my smile. 

"Your eyes. I can read them like an open book," I told her.

"What do they tell you?" she asked mesmerized.