#23 Brotherly Love

this doesn't involve a reader insert oOPs)

{THIS IS NOT WAYCEST. I WILL NEVER STOOP THAT LOW.}

If you ship waycest then choke on your own spit and die :)
________________________

"Hey Mikes, we all out of sugar?" Gerard called to his brother in the other room.

"Yea, I think so." Mikey called back from the living room.

     Gerard cursed to himself. How would he have coffee now?  Huffing, he slammed his mug down on the counter.

      "Dude chill. We'll go and get some or something. You don't have to be all pissy." Mikey chuckled, appearing in the doorway. He leant against the post, crossing his arms.

    "Yeah but I want coffee now." Gerard whined like a child.

    "You're such a kid." Mikey rolled his eyes.

    "Yes, but I'm still older than you, little brother, and that's what matters." Mikey could hear the smirk in his brothers voice.

     He rolled his eyes again and stood up. "Yeah, whatever. Yo, Planet of the Apes is on tv tonight, you down?"

     Gerard looked on at his brother with wide, playful eyes. "Uh, hell yes. I'll make the popcorn." He turned back around to retrieve a package of popcorn from the cabinet.

While he did that, Mikey set up the living room to be like a comfortable cave. He put out blankets for them Incase they got cold, and some pillows to rest their heads on (preferably Gerard's hot pink one).

Mikey made it his mission to spend as much time with his big brother as possible, as he was going off to college soon. That's initially why he wanted to watch the movie with him. He was going to miss Gerard when he was gone.

Not minutes after he was finished pimping up the living area, Gerard entered with an assortment of snacks from the kitchen, shooting his brother a mischievous smirk. "You ready?"

Mikey returned the smirk. "Fuckin' ready." He plopped himself done on the couch and Gerard did the same.

About halfway into the movie, they were both sitting on the floor, snuggled up in their separate blankets, munching on the snacks mindlessly. Mikey then made his move to bring up his situation.

"Gee?"

"Hmm?"

"I'm really gonna miss you when you go..."

Gerard looked over at his brother with pained eyes. "I know. I'm gonna miss you too." He have a half hearted smile, and pulled Mikey into a side hug. "If you ever need me, I'm just a phone call away, you know that."

Mikey frowned. "It's not the same."

Gerard let out a soft chuckle at his brother's apparent desperation. "I know, Mikes." He held his brother tighter to him, "I know. But you'll be okay; you're a strong dude. You'll be okay without me for a while. Plus, I'll come back on holidays, and I'll be there for your birthday. I promise."

That eased Mikey up a bit. He'd still miss his big brother like hell, but knowing he'd be back was what kept him going.

That night, the two of them slept in the living room with the tv still going. They'd fallen asleep watching their movie together.

For as long as Gerard was away at college, Mikey remembered his words. His promise.

And Gerard did keep his promise.

He always came back for holidays, and even surprised Mikey for his birthday. This made the younger Way ecstatic.

The relationship between the Way Brothers was truly a strong one. They'd always been incredibly close to one another, and it would remain that way until the end.

__________________________
V o t e

R e q u e s t.