Chapter 5; Mudbloods

(told from Loki's point of view)

I was getting so sick of Colin Creevey after the first week. Since I was with Harry most of the time, it meant that I would see Colin at least six times a day. He seemed to have memorized Harry's entire schedule, and nothing pleased him as much as saying "hiya Harry!" And hearing "Hello, Colin." Back.

I felt like I was clinging to Harry. I really wanted him to appreciate me, but I felt like I was walking toward a dead end. I kept telling myself I ought to stop trying to impress him, but I can't help wanting to be his friend, even though I know I'm better than him, in so many ways.

When the weekend arrived, I heard Oliver Wood wake up Harry super early for Quidditch practice. I couldn't get back to sleep, so I heaved myself out of bed and get dressed. I didn't have anything better to do, so I followed Harry's trail out to the Quidditch pitch and took a seat in the stands. I'm the only one out at this time, the only one sitting in the stands. Even the Gryffindor Quidditch team was still getting dressed.

When the Gryffindor Quidditch team emerged onto the field, I had barely noticed that Colin had sat down right next to me, until I started hearing the clicking sounds of his camera.

"That's annoying, that sound. Stop it." I say stiffly.

Colin turns toward me. "Wait, you're Harry's friend, right? What's he like? Is he nice? Can you take pictures with him?"

"Acquaintance." I correct. "And no, he's not incredibly friendly to me." I scowl.

"Really? Does he—"

"I'm trying to pay attention." I tell him.

"What for? Do you want to join the Quidditch team? Are you good? What broom do you have?" He asks eagerly.

"I would like to join." I admit. I turn toward him with a sour look in my eyes. "Do you even know my name?"

"Of course! You're Loki Odinson, Lockhart told me that you told him you're the God of Mischief! Is that true?" He recites.

This kid was gullible, he'd believe anything I'd say, which isn't wise, considering I'm the God of Lies. I look back at the Gryffindor Chaser, Angelina. "Yes, that's true."

"I've never met a God! Can I take a picture of you? Can you sign it?" He chirps.

I smirk. "Sure." I pose with a creepy smile plastered on my face and then sign his photo with my loopy signature.

"Thanks! Harry never wants to sign my photos." Colin says, slightly disappointed.

"No surprise there— what are they doing here?" I say outrageously, staring at the field. The Slytherin Quidditch team had just walked onto the field, wearing their green uniforms.

Colin called after me as I ran down the stands, but I turned into a bird out of his sight and flew down to save me some time.

"I booked it!" I heard Wood yell with rage. I made myself invisible so that the Slytherin team wouldn't acknowledge my presence immediately.

"I know, but we have a special permission slip from Professor Snape." The Slytherin Quidditch captain, Marcus Flint, said while removing a piece of paper from his pocket. "I, Professor Snape, give permission for the slytherin Quidditch team to practice owing to the need to train their new seeker."

"You've got a new seeker? Who?" Wood asks, distracted. From behind, a seventh, smaller boy walks out from behind the team, smirking all over his pale, pointed face. Malfoy.

"What is this about?" I demand, revealing myself. The smirk on Malfoy's face infuriated me about as much as their new brooms— wait, new brooms?