- ten

It's Thursday, which means I have work. My shifts starts from 12 PM to 4 PM, Sungjin called me to be in today, since every Tuesday and Friday we have band practice.

I actually come to their practices, when I was like lazy-ing at home, either one of them would call. Not that I mind, haha. But they do understand if I have my own work to do.

That means at Wednesday, they would talk about the songs at the second floor the café has, yes they have a second floor. Basically it's less filled and it's quite wide to be honest, there's a stage at the corner.

They would perform covers at 6 PM above, meaning the café would close at 10 at certain days. Our shifts were arrange well with Sungjin, he hired more people to cover at the night shift.

They call it, Night Live. The second floor would be quite full usually, Eric was even shock to see.

I went out from the bathroom, changing to a plain light blue t-shirt and jeans. I wore my white cap, it's blazing hot outside.

I left after locking my door and tried to get to the café quickly.

“Good afternoon,” I greet entering the café before getting my apron. I walked to the kitchen area and saw Eric's back facing me, “uh what are you doing?”

There's was red liquid in the bowl on the table and his hands were covered in it, the liquid was also dripping from the edge of his mouth.

I gave him a disinterest look as he pout before getting a wipe. “What are you making?” I gaze at the table, with many bowls and ingredients.

“Strawberry Shortcake?” He replied and I nodded slowly, “so strawberry shortcake for today. Have you told Sungjin-oppa?”

“Yeah, I've told him. He changed the special menu, didn't you see the board outside?”

I shook my head as he sighed, “help me with this cake then. Chop up the strawberries,” I grabbed the fresh strawberries from the fridge.

“Right, Sungjin said he's not putting up pretzels but asked you to make dark chocolate cake.” Eric brought sugar, flour and stuff.

“Dark chocolate? How so?” I furrowed my brows in confusion, “I don't know, but he said it was for the night live show. It's like a sad theme, so bitter. You understand?”

“I guess I can try to make a few…” I set the strawberries aside before getting the ingredients, “what about my strawberriessss. You didn't even finish cutting them!” He whined.

“I have my own work now,” I stuck out my tongue and he whined again.

I spent the hours making the dark chocolate cake until Sungjin approved on my third try, it was bitter but had the slightest sweet so it wasn't very bitter.

Finally, when I have my brake, I went to the second floor. I spent my brakes there usually, playing Sungjin’s brown acoustic guitar. I would take up the corner seat and there was no one.

I took out my phone, finding chords for the song I wanted. I would play random song by strumming the chords all I want, it's relaxing honestly.

I grinned, finding the perfect song for my current feelings. If I Was Your Girlfriend by Mondays, I love the Mondays. I strummed the D chord once and sang,

“...Oh hey, let me out. I love when you groove it like that,”

“Boy, can't you talk to me?
It's what I want the most in my life,
they say you're out of my league.
But I don't give a damn, no.”