3

I sat down with Michael to talk about the case and what we knew so far. We knew a friend of Kodie, Rachel King had called the police to report her missing. We went to visit her and tell her the bad news.

"This can't be!" Rachel cried. She lay with her head in her hands. She had been sharing her hotel room with Kodie whilst in Hastings. Rachel then told us about the night Kodie went missing. Rachel admitted she had an argument with Kodie that night, but wouldn't reveal what. She was at the bar that night with Kodie and her other uni friends- then left the bar after the argument. This argument and the fact she reported her made her a suspect. However she really cried that day, maybe she's good at acting, maybe she was actually upset. That, we had to find out. Now we had more names, we set out to question the other friends.

We did not release that Kodie had been stabbed or the potential rape, that we wanted the killer to accidentally reveal.

Next we moved to Liberty, she came across as an intelligent girl but she was not afraid to tell it all. "Washed up on a beach? That's awful. Did she drown? I've seen they check for that with water in the lungs. Was she murdered? Gosh." She said, distressed.
Did I mention she asked a lot of questions?
"I mean I knew she had an interest in Carlos and I do too. But I would never kill her over it! It's just a boy at the end of the day." She rambled on.
"Carlos?" Me and Michael asked. We knew he wasn't one of the friends and Rachel didn't mention him, that's odd.
"Yeah that's the boy Kodie was talking to in the bar the night she disappeared. They went on a boat ride together I think. Ew." She said, trying not to sound jealous.

So now we had to find this Carlos too. Liberty also remained a suspect. She might have asked questions to throw us off and she showed a bit of jealousy. That put her on my list.