18

"You lying. She not yours." I said to him as he bit at his bottom lip and leaned in to try to kiss me. I pushed him away.

   "You need to wake up Yel. Open your eyes. You never wonder why she has those pretty ass eyes? That don't run on your side of the family baby." He chuckled at me as he pulled me to him. His hand around my neck as he kissed my forehead then pulled away laughing.

"Look, you trippin'" I said to him. He slapped my head rest hard and I jumped.
__

   My eyes flutter opened and I jumped at the sight of Cole in my face looking concerned as he held the back of my head rest. He noticed I had woken up and hit his head on the top of my roof, stepping back and rubbing it. Clumsy ass dude.

  "Didn't mean to scare you. You just been sleep for so long." He said to me.

  I looked around us and blinked out the afternoon light he soon blocked the sun out of my face with his body, leaning against my opened car door. We were in a parking lot a sonic drive in. Babe's car looked to be right next to ours.

Oh wait, that wasn't her.

   "She went to take your daughter home. Here." He reached up and then back down to hand me my food and a green apple slush. I pulled it out of the silver bag. Some tater tots and a chilli dog, mmm.

  "She ever say she'd be back?" I asked him. He shook his head and squatted down in front of me. His big curly hair waved in the wind and his eyes were more visible now as he looked up at me.

  They were familiar. I hadn't even known him that long for him to look familiar, but he did. Like a suppressed memory my dream popped up in my head.

Was he the one that did that to me? Does he think I know? Was this just a part of my conscience that I need to take serious or was it the thought of having his kid that made me have that dream? All of these thoughts, yet so little time, but I could never recall the guys face. Not ever.

   I didn't even know if he was black or white. I just knew Isabella wasn't just black. Her hair texture and weid color  proved that much true. Even her eyes weren't like mine. The slants in them were, but not the eye color and her forehead was big, but not so much so that it was the first thing you looked at.  

   "No, but she did say that's all she came to talk about. I think she left to Sabrina's dad's crib." He said to me. I nodded. She was gonna tell her everything was okay. Everything was gonna be okay. It would hopefully go back to normal and I could maybe get the project done with her not thinking about me messing with her mom on her brain.

   "That's fair." I said to him as I popped some tater tots in my mouth nonchalantly. 

"Yeah, so you gonna drive me home now or–"

"How long was I asleep?" I asked him. His head whipped my way in thought.

  "A while. Since the ride here and the time we spent on the freeway in 5 o'clock traffic." He said looking down at his watch. "It's 7 in the afternoon." He informed me. I nodded that made sense. I was kinda tired before I got in the car anyway.

    I didn't know what made me lean forward, but I did. I leaned forward and planted a kiss on his lips softly. He didn't stop me either. He looked shocked when I pulled away though.

"Um.. I had a dream you said you–I just wanted to see if there was something there." I said to him as I looked down at his hand resting on my thigh now before he moved it. I knew there eas nothing there. I just wanted to prove his point. He raised his eyebrows at me in question, but never verbally said anything.