Chapter One

~Zoya~

The thought of getting married to someone else other than Aditya was not only painful but also devastating. Loving him since childhood was the most natural thing to do. After all he was the only person along with Dadi whom I grew up. And he being 6 years elder to me, it was obvious to have some amount of fondness.

But I know he hated me for some reason. But what I still couldn't figure out. There are so many questions I wanted to ask him but never had the guts to approach him. The more he matured, the more he distanced himself from me. He shut me out like I was some kind of cancer growing under his skin.

'Did he not feel anything for me ever?' I wondered. Sometimes I found him looking at me when he thought that I wasn't looking at him and sometimes he ignored like I don't exist.

And now? He arranged my marriage with some random guy without even asking me whether I want to marry or not. The thought pained me a lot.

For me he was everything, my happiness, my Zoya and also the reason for my existence.

Do you know the pain of loving someone who doesn't love you back? I know and trust me it's pathetic. For me he is my life and but for him I am nothing but just a responsibility maybe. I was saddened by the whole situation.

Lost in my own thoughts I sat on the parapet of the window watching the decorator guys wrap the whole mansion with fairy lights. It is my favourite since childhood. Fairy lights made me feel like I am in some kind of magical world and often gave me the feeling of being a princess, his princess. I had no idea that one day I will feel deep repugnance seeing them.

Those coupled with his favourite white orchids, airlifted from Singapore mocked my feelings even more. Look at my destiny. I am getting married on the same day as he but not with each other. The thought about seeing him taking his vows with someone else was annihilating.

I am an ordinary girl to his most popular stretcher in the business world. He is the man for whom girls go gags over. My Adi is a handsome man in his late twenties. Despite of his busy schedule he maintained a perfect balance between raising his empire and taking care of his health except that he was detected with child diabetes.

He has worked day and night to reach where he is today. The most successful man in real estate world. Trust me I am so proud of him. It really wasn't easy since he lost his mom and dad at a very tender age.

At the age when other kids played and enjoyed he had a huge responsibility on his shoulders. Taking care of Dadi and me when he was just twelve, aged him faster. Sometimes I feel he just couldn't enjoy his young age like other kids.

These thoughts trailed me back to our childhood days.

**FLASHBACK**

I ran towards the mansion as soon as the carpool dropped me near my house. My face lit up thinking of meeting him after a painful five hours of school. He was long gone for his early morning cricket practice, which meant I missed my breakfast fun with him.

He was growing very fast. Becoming taller day by day. He was also becoming very good-looking boy. I blushed at the thought. But at the same time he seemed annoyed with me all the time. I don't like how closed off he has become. He avoids me most of the time. Dadi says he is a big boy now and big boys don't play with small girls.

That day I wanted to grow big as fast as I can. So I started drinking more milk. Dadi says if I drink milk regularly I will become just like Aditya and then he cannot avoid me.

I ran across the garden almost fell in the process and hurt my legs. But I got up and continued to run. Dadi says big girls don't cry so I will not cry even though my legs hurt. I could feel my eyes prickling but I wipe if off thinking about what he might think when he sees me crying. I don't want him to think that I am still small or else he will stop talking to me.