Ch 11 - A Thing to Protect

Start from the beginning

"AH! ZORO!" the long-nose shrieked.

However, just as quickly as the lightning storm started, it ended and Zoro was able to run the last few feet without any hindrance.

"Eh? What happened?" Wyper asked when he reached the Vearth part of the island. He lowered Aisa to the ground and stared at the swordsman, "Did they get to Enel without our help?!"

Aisa cupped her ears and squeezed her eyes, focusing all of her attention on above. Let me hear something. Let me hear something. Let me hear-

She fell into silence and then inhaled a sharp breath just as Zoro sliced a big chunk off of the vine.

"Yay! He did it! He cut the vine!" the long-nose cheered but his joy was short lived, "Wait...why isn't it falling?! It's still standing tall! Is that still considered a plant?! Robin! What are we going to do?"

Aisa's eyes flew open and she tugged at Wyper's arm. "It's SID! Sid is up there...She's facing Enel alone! That's why Enel didn't attack us any more. She's stalling for us and Luffy!"

"She's what?!" Gan Fall gasped while the long-nose took it as amazing news.

He grabbed a slingshot out of his bag and ran towards the vine. "Zoro! Let me help you!"

Kyaaaa!

Aisa pulled her hat further down her ears and she cringed violently. "He's hurting her. Sid is...Sid is really hurt."

Wyper's expression turned just as thunderous as the clouds above. "What do you mean she's stalling? Why is she helping these Blue Sea people? Aisa?!"

Normally Aisa would shrink away from Wyper's harsh scolds but this time, something within her snapped. Her fear of him was completely covered by her worry for Sid's well-being. "Luffy...LUFFY IS OUR FRIEND!" Aisa cried.

"What nonsense are you spewing?!" Wyper roared, using the tone he usually reserved only for the Shandian healer, which was too much for the child and she cowered from him.

"I'm sorry! I'm sorry!" Aisa cried.

"Four hundred years ago, an explorer told a lie that he saw city of gold," Robin said softly from behind the Shandians.

Wyper's posture turned even straighter and he glanced over his shoulder cautiously at the woman.

"Although people laughed at him, his descendants believed his words," Robin continued, "And are still searching for this city of gold in the Blue Sea. If we ring the gold bell, we can let them know the city of gold is in the sky...That's what that boy in the straw hat is thinking. That's a wonderful reason, isn't it? It has romanticism. Even in this situation, going so far as to lose his chance to escape..."

As the long nose shot varying explosives at the vine, the Shandian slowly turned towards the Blue Sea woman. "What..." he said slowly, his voice constricted, "What is the name of this explorer's descendant?"

"Montblanc Cricket," Robin replied.

"Then...is the name of his ancestor from 400 years ago...Noland?" Wyper asked as tears streamed down his face.

"Eh? Wyper?" Aisa stood back up but when she tried to peer around the warrior to see his face, she was shoved back by his arm.

He closed his eyes but tilted his face towards the sky. Is this a miracle...? Great Warrior Calgara?

-The Ark-

"Hmmph," Enel scoffed as Sid fell to her knees for the fourth time. Steam was coming out of every pore of her blackened body but she refused to fall over.