Chapter 17

Chapter 17

Evanna's Point of view

"You ready?" Harry asked, grabbing my hand.

"Yeah." I replied, walking towards the front door.

Harry opened the door and stopped in his tracks instantly. His mum was there waiting for us, her keys jingling in her hands. She had the rudest look on her face, somewhat a smirk and somewhat a scowl.

"Get in the car. Now." She walked towards the car and opened the back doors for us, egniting the engine and driving us off. The whole car ride was silent, nothing but the sound of the wind from the crack in the front window.

When we drove past Harry's house, Harry started to get worried. "Mum, you just passed our house-"  

"Im taking Evy home." She interrupted, pulling the car in front of my house.

Harry grabbed my hand. "Mum, you can't. Im not letting her get out of the car. Her mum will beat her!" 

"Maybe you shouldn't go against my words next time." Anne hissed back, pointing at me. "Get out."

I turned my face towards Harry's, and he leaned in to kiss me, but we were interrupted yet again with Anne's arm in the middle of me and Harry, seperating us. "Don't kiss her."

Harry glared at his mum. She was still pointing at the door. "Goodbye Evanna."

I didn't look back at the car as Anne drove away. I just stood there on the curb, frozen. 

I slowly walked up the sidewalk into my house, shutting the door quietly so my mum couldn't hear me.

I knew what was coming.

Why was i so scared? 

My mum showed up around the corner, a cooking spoon in her hand. I didn't make any eye contact with her, i just stood there, staring down at her feet. I didn't want to say anything.

She slammed the spoon down on the counter. "Fun week?" She asked, a shitty tone in her voice.  

She came closer to me. "Anything interesting happen, Evy?"

I closed my eyes as i could almost feel her breath against my face, my breathing picking up quickly. I started shaking as i felt her glare at me, my whole body tensing up.

"Anne told me all about it, Evanna."

And thats when i ran for it.

I flung my bag around my shoulder and ran up the stairs, wiping my eyes so the tears wouldn't get in the way of my eyesight. I tripped over one of the steps as my mum grabbed my arm, shoving me up against the railing of the staircase, my back aching with pain. I wimpered out Harry's name, as my mum's grip tightened against my arms.

"Why are you calling for him? He's not going to hear you." My mom snickered. "Pathetic."

I tried to get away from her again, and i succeded. I got all the way up the stairs and around the corner, but she stopped me again.

She pushed my hardly against the wall this time, my back feeling broken as i slid down onto the floor.  

"First you run away." My mom growled, shoving her foot into my side, causing me to squeal with pain.

"And then you have sex with him," She grabbed me by the neck, pulling me up so i was eye level with her. 

"And you don't even have the fucking guts to come home?" I could feel my face getting purple as she literally choked me, my back held tight against the wall. The tears falling from my eyes were nonstop.