"Um, sure," Jennie said. She fiddled with her handbag.

"Are you okay?"

"I'm fine. It's just..."

"What?"

Jennie sighed. "I know I said I'd pay for everything, but..."

Lisa glanced at her, and the look on her face was so tragic that she had to laugh. "That was a joke, Kim," she said. "I don't expect you to do that."

Jennie's relief was palpable. "Thanks," she said. "So, where are we going?"

"I don't know, this is your town. I've never been here before. Where do all the cool kids hang out?"

"I... don't know."

"There's a surprise."

"Hey! You're not allowed to be mean to me now we're friends."

"You said you didn't want me to change."

"What? When?"

"When we did all the 'let's be friends' stuff," Lisa said. "You were pretty specific about it. Don't change, you said. So here I am. Not changing."

"You can change a bit."

"I dunno, Kim. It feels like the thin end of the wedge. If I start being nice to you, I'll end up being nice to everyone."

Jennie rolled her eyes. "And we can't have that, can we?"

"Damn right."

They drove on for a minute, until Lisa felt she was being watched.

"What?"

"You have changed," Jennie said, softly.

"What do you mean?"

"The Lisa I knew would have driven eight hours just to avoid me. And she certainly wouldn't have helped me with my homework."

"I didn't help you with your homework, Jennie. I did your homework. Anyway, I used to help you out all the time."

"Like when?"

"Like... lots of times. There was the Taehyung thing."

"Setting fire to stuff doesn't count."

"I painted your book."

"It didn't need painting!"

"I let you hang out with me. Sometimes."

"Pffft."

"I let you hang out with Bobby."