Donna 16

I admit it. I've given Sam a pass at me. I allowed him to break down my barriers I've putten up these last couple of years. I've promised myself to never fall in love with anyone again but could I say that when t came to Sam. Just forget about him already.
"Am I letting you down?" I heard Sophie ask. I look up at her that looked so worried. Wow, she's so beautiful. How do I answer so that she'll believe me?
"What do you mean?" I asked watching her turn around. If she means about her dads or her choices, she has actually made me proud of those. It's good that she's curious.
"I mean, of you've done. The dynamos, raising a kid and running a business on your own." She replied lookig around then back at me.
"Well, honey I couldn't go back." I replied taking her hands in mine. She's sweet. She deserves to know a part of my life I've been waiting to tell her. "You know, when I got pregnant my mother told me not to bother come back. I wouldn't have had it any other way and my God look at what we have. You make me so proud honey. When I needed my mother the most, she wasn't there. No matter in what situation you are, pregnant, divorced or whatever, I will always be there for you."
"Thank you mom." She smiled looking down then back up at me with that beautiful hopeful smile. "Will you give me away?"

Tears appear in my eyes. I thought she wanted her father to give her away? Maybe they pressured her.
"Yeah." I nod my head with many tears in my eyes. I turn her around give her a hug from behind looking at her through the mirror. "You look beautiful honey."
"Good thing I took after you." She giggled. I laugh and place my nose in her hair to take one last smell. Not creepy, like I said.

I walk down with her wearing a different dress from the morning, hair up and ready to give my daughter away. No, I'm not ready at all.
They lift her up to the donkey starting to lead her away. I stop and show them to go on. A moment for myself would do good. I take a deep breath and look over at the ocean. I look back at them that was already on their way to the church.
"Donna!" I look at Sam that ran to me grabbing my hand. "We need to talk about who's giving Sophie away."
"That would be me." I replied walking away from him but his grib on my hand was strong.
"She wants her father here. What if her father wants that too?" He got with another excuse. I pull my jand out of his laughing sarcastically.
"You were never here to walk her up to school but here you are right on time for her wedding!" I shouted frustrated at him. Fight? I will role him down these rocks and make it look like an accident. "How pathetic can you be Sam? Seduce me to tears and turn up as if nothing had happened! Did you think I'd fall for that crap again? You are such an idiot! No, let me rephrase, I am the idiot! I fell for you again!"

"Yeah? Well I threw my whole life away missing you Donna! Lorraine made it worst by trying to be just like you! There is no one like you! Don't you get it?" He asked grabbing me by cheeks.
"I never asked you this Sam. But why me?" I asked with tears in my eyes. "I just keep on falling for the wrong people. I'm such an idiot! I hate myself so much from loving you. Gosh, I hate being able to feel that for you, you know that?"
"Well, atleast I hate it too that you love me more than I love myself for loving you." He replied crashing his lips on mine deepening his kiss.
"Sam." I push away from him getting tears in my eyes. "Stop doing it to me. We can't...I can't..."

I ran away from him with tears in my eyes up to the church. Damn it's a loooong way up.

With this run I started thinking. What if he stays? What if...

I stop when I came to the top and look back at Sam.
"Donna!" He shouted standing there. I took a deep breath to swallow my lump walking away to give my girl away.