3

The silence of the room disturbed me. I thought that maybe I would hear the faint sound of crying from others but instead I am met with the agonising sound of nothingness; reminding me that I was alone, the thought chilling me to the bone. It was only a week until I will be forced into an arena, made to fight against people I love. Wendy, Bebe, Craig, Tweek, Red, Heidi, Token, Clyde. Kenny, Kyle and I would of never killed, but our poor families, driven to sadness by the horrid games that took place, we would do anything for them to be safe.

A knock came from my door as a small figure waddled over to me bed and laid down next to me.

"We have one phone call left before we are no longer allowed any further contact with the outside world. It's very twisted to think that Eri-" he paused, "Eric isn't here. Do you think that he's the gam-"

"Good morning all students kept here today. Better make your last phone calls. Since the phones in your rooms are now disabled, you need to use the one downstairs. The only time you can have a phone call after this is if you need to call a hospital or nurse for medication. This has been the announcement, please go back to your day-to-day duties!"

"Fuck. I'll talk to you about it later. We better get down there now so we can save the pain of seeing others talk to their families for, maybe, the last time." Kyle stated as he went back to his room to get dressed.

I did the same, slowly wondering if we were going to be the ones talking for the last time. I shook the idea off and went to see if Kenny was okay.

"Hey, dude." he whispered, almost numb sounding.

"Yo, Kenny. How's it going?" I replied. I couldn't let anything get me down, especially since this was a time in dire need to humor.

"I'm not feeling to good. I miss Karen. What if I don't make it? What if she's left alone? Kevin is useless and so are my parents. She'd be helpless stuck with them. I'm just praying that they're sober enough to look after her now instead of sat on their asses, pissed out of their minds." Kenny cried into my shoulder. Somehow we ended up hugging while he was ranting so now I was comforting him.

"Why weren't they there for her? She's fragile, Stan. She's precious." he started again. Seeing him in pain is terrifying; a joyous, sweet, caring and kind boy like Kenny is rarely seen so dull. The whole surrounding area is full to the brim with people desperately trying to figure out a way to escape almost certain death.

We each had a phone call, lasting, at maximum, 5 minutes long. When the corridor emptied, all I could see was the faint sight of Butters, sighing. He hadn't had a call. I picked him up and took him to his room, soon after, heading to mine where we started to plan how to survive, not only for out sake, but for our families too.