A message from home

Start from the beginning

Ward looked at me surprised, slowly moving out of the seat I took the headphones from him before sitting down. "May, see that could over there? Hide in it." I told May as I started to prepare for what was coming next. "Everyone better strap in!" I called out over the intercom just as we enter the clouds.

"Drop us below the radar." I told May, who looked at me surprised but let the BUS fall a bit. "What are you planning?" May asked, keeping the BUS as steady as possible. "Since you connected my 1412 to the BUS, we can use the clocking device. As long as we are flying over the radar, they can still find us. But..." I started to explain.However, I didn't need to finish the explanation.

"Got it." May said before she let the nose of the BUS dive down more. Keeping one eye on how high up we were. Once we were under the radar I activated the clocking device and leaned back in the seat. "Now let's keep this height until we are sure we are free from a tail." I commented, and May nodded her head.

"Remind me to give a talk with the people who taught you how to fly later on." May commented, I could not figure out if it was a good sign or a bad one so I laughed a little at it. "You do that. They are crazier then I am." I told her. "I know." May commented through her teeth before she took a deep breath.

"Once we are in the clearing there is a message to you from that team of yours." May then added, glancing towards me. I froze up a little as I heard May mention my team and I nod my head. "Understood." I answered simply.

-X-X-X-X-X-X-

I found myself standing in the command centre about an hour later, my eyes were on the black screen in front of me. Taking a deep breath before pressing play.

"Hi there, kid! We hope you are okay and you weren't hurt during the mission." Clint started the video off, smiling big towards the camera. "We hate it that you could not be with us on a day like this." Steve continue saying.

"Fury has not heard the last of this conversation." Tony explained, wearing his trademark evil grin on. A grin that was gone the second Pepper hits him over his head. "I hope at least that you and that team you are with will have special dinner once you get back. If not, I have spoken to Agent May about you two doing something special." Pepper then said.

"Which also reminds me, the next time you are free you will bring her with you. I kind of like that woman." She then added. "Let's just hope it won't be a too long of a wait before you return." Bruce then added, smiling warmly. "If not, we are going to make sure you will be here for Christmas." Natasha said, making sure there was no room for arguing.

The rest of the team nodded their heads to that. "We will really make sure of it!" Tony said, one could see the different plans going through his head already. "We will not keep you from the team you are with for much longer." Clint then said the sadness was clear in his voice.

"Call us once you get the time, okay?" Pepper asked, only making it sound like an order. "We miss you, Daisy, stay safe out there." Natasha finally added, and the screen went black once more.

Looking at it with empty eyes, I had not realised that I was crying until a tear fell to my hand. Lifting the hand up I wiped away the tears, closing my eyes and tried to calm down. I don't really know how long I was standing like that.However, once the door opened up I froze up.

"Are you alright Daisy? May got worried that it took so long." I could hear Fitz asking, calming down a little. I could feel a hand on my shoulder right before Fitz pulled me into a tight hug. "It's alright, I got you." Fitz said in a low voice. Taking a few deep breaths, I managed to calm down enough, I gave Fitz a tight hug before letting go.

"I'm alright Leo, thank you." I told him, putting on a brave smile for him. "Come on, Coulson is making some amazing food out there." Fitz told me, smiling big and I could not help but to roll my eyes. Activating the mask once more I looked towards the door. "You and food, did Simmons make that sandwich I asked her too?" I then asked and the smile on Fitz's face said it all.

Shaking my head, I walked out from the command centre, Fitz walking beside me. "You are hopeless, do you know that?" I asked him, and Fitz just rolled his eyes as the two of us entered the kitchen. Stopping at the door opening, I took in the different smells. "It smells wonderful Coulson." I called out, getting everyone's attention.

"Well thank you, I'm almost done." Coulson said with a big smile, giving me a quick glance before returning back to the food. "Good, because I'm starving." I told him as I walked over to stand beside May, giving her a small nod to indicate that everything was in fact alright. "I need to ask." Ward suddenly spoke up, making all of us turn to look at him.

"Why do you always keep that mask on?" Ward then asked, his eyes were looked on me. I could feel how both Coulson and Simmons turn their heads to look at me too.However, they tried to hide it. "I wear this mask to keep from view what many are pleased to call my disfigurement. I do not wear it as a courtesy to such people, but as a judgment on the quality of their hearts." I simply answered Ward.

"So, you are judging us?" Ward asked once more, and I could not help but to roll my eyes. "Of course I am, it's my job after all. Don't come and say you don't trust in anyone you have just meet Agent Ward, I have heard the stories about you." I told him, standing tall beside May.

Ward narrowed his eyes a little, not fully happy with the answer he got. "But, you trust Fitz and May?" Simmons asked in a low voice, turning my head towards her I nodded my head a little. "I have known May for a long time, even before my life suddenly change. Fitz earned the right to see what was being hidden, and not just because of Deputy Director Hill gave the order." I explained, turning my head towards Fitz this time.

"It takes a lot to earn my trust and at the moment Fitz is the only one in this team that has managed just that." I then added. Simmons nodded her head a little, looking down at the floor. A heavy silence was now hanging over us all.

"Alright, let's eat." Coulson said, breaking the silence as he starts to take the food to the table. One after the other, we followed after him. I sat down in between May and Fitz, knowing the two of them would be able to keep me calm if needed.