32~forget

Oof

I'm tired right now.

"(y/n)...baby wake up..please?" (y/n) heard muffled little sobs and felt someone clinging to her arm.

she sat up and opened her eyes to see Varian next to her crying.
he looked up with an adorable glimmer of hope in his eyes and gasped excitedly. "(Y/N)! YOURE ALIVE!!"

(y/n) glared ya him. "oh...you. i'm sorry why are you here?"

"what...what do you mean? I'm your boyfriend, you love me, don't you?"
(y/n) was confused.

"no? since when were you my boyfriend, and i don't love you, it's pretty much the opposite"

Varian looked shocked and so did everyone else in the room.
"what? he has done so many awful things to me how could i not hate him??"

"he hasn't done anything but he the sweetest guy to you, (y/n)! that's why you agreed to be his girlfriend?" Rapunzel was confused about the situation too.

Varian had tears starting to form as Cassandra rubbed her temples.

"see guys, this was what i was talking about! after Lady Caine shot her with her weird gun thing it altered her memories duh"

"Lady Caine...altered memories?? what he hell happened??"

they explained the whole situation. they had gotten into a fight with Lady Caine and before she got away she shot (y/n) in the head with a gun that alters memories.

she was going to shoot everyone with it so she wouldn't get in trouble for her crimes but she didn't have enough time.

"well...if my memories of Varian were altered..why weren't any of yours??"

"that's...weird. i guess the gun wasn't as effective as we thought" Rapunzel shrugged.

(y/n) wasn't so keen on believing though.

"i think you all are just lying to me to cover for Varian. I'm not gonna forget all the things he's done, no matter how many sob stories you tell me, i don't believe you!!"

Varian was in the corner sobbing while the other three tried talking to her.

"Varian?"
his head shot up when he heard (y/n) call him.

"y-yea?" he sniffles a little.
"i hate you"

she walked out of the room like nothing happened.

"Varian it's gonna be-"
Cassandra cut herself off

Varian paused for a little before his eyes filled with more water and he started sobbing into his knees again, this time even louder.

Varian banged on (y/n)'s door.
"please (y/n)! just listen to me!"
he was screaming and crying.

(y/n) completley ignored him.
"baby please, we share a room! i sleep in that bed too you can't ignore me!!"

(y/n) didn't understand. yea it did seem she had new things in her room and the bed did seem to smell like someone else.

someone like Varian.

but she refused to believe it. her only thoughts of Varian was an awful guy who has done her so wrong.

of course that wasn't the case. the gun had just taken over her memories of Varian so well she couldn't recall even a little.

a few weeks had past. Varian cried so much his eyes were now all red and he couldn't seem to get rid of it. he has been sleeping on the couch.

well just laying on the couch. he couldn't seem to sleep without a (y/n) to cuddle

he tried to eat but he just couldn't. maybe little bites of ham sandwiches but never a whole one.

whenever Varian tried to sit down and get to work, he would just end up doodling pictures of (y/n) instead and burst out sobbing again.

when he wasn't sitting on the couch crying into his blanket, he was crying and lying outside his and (y/n)'s room trying to get her to remember everything.

eventually he couldn't take it anymore.
"Lady Caine...i know you're in there" he said trying to contain his sniffles.

"what do you want nerd??" she answered rather fiercely, opening the door.

"I'm not here to snitch or do anything bad i just...i need to ask you something"

Lady Caine smirked and already knew what he wanted.

"ah, you want me to bring back the original memories of your little girlfriend huh? well kid i know she's the source of your happiness, and i want to see you suffer! not going to happen."

Varian has thought she would say that.

"well...that's fair. then will you at least erase my memory of her completley? i know you've got something in there that can do that."

Lady Caine cackled a little. "well, if she never existed to you then you wouldn't have a source of happiness at all! you'd be completley lonely!"

she grabbed a tiny memory gun from her desk.

"i do this and you never get me into trouble again..."

Varian nodded and closed his eyes as she shot him with the gun.

"okay...now get out."

Varian left. but he couldn't exactly recall why he was there in the first place.

meanwhile in the castle, the others found a way to repair (y/n)'s memory.

"okay (y/n)..this is a picture of you and Varian kissing. I'm sure you don't remember hat but if it wasn't real, how did we get this?"

(y/n)'s real memories were coming back to her.

suddenly they heard the castle doors open.

"VARIAN! VARIAN I M SO SORRY I FORGIVE YOU AND I LOVE YOU"

she ran to him and threw her arms around him.
but he looked more confused than happy.

"what's wrong Varian? didn't you want this?" Rapunzel asked.

"well..." he looked around. "i know you, you and you" he pointed at Eugene, Rapunzel and Cassandra.

"but who are you?" he pointed to (y/n) who was still clinging to him.

"what..Varian what's going on? you know me don't you?"
Varian shook his head.

"you're...really pretty and it's cute that you're hugging me but, sorry i don't know you"

tears started forming in her eyes.
"no..no..i just got you back...i can't.."

she looked back up at him and kissed him on the mouth.

it took Varian by shock and he started blushing, but still kissed back and put his hands on her waist just like he always did.

she pulled away

"well...would you like to know me"

"i..i would like to"

(y/n) smiled and looked back up at him. he may not have her memories of each other but now she could start all over again and relive every magical thing they had before.

"well, my name's (y/n)..you're freakishly cute and it's lovely to meet you"

oofsies