two

Jazz's POV 12 hours into labor

The midwife examined me. "You're 9 centimeters dilated. Almost there."
I felt another contraction coming and grabbed my gas and air. When I arrived at the hospital I was too far along to get an epidural so gas and air was the only thing I had to help with the pain. My contractions were coming 3 times every 10 minutes and I could feel the head move downward. It was the weirdest feeling I've ever experienced. This contraction was particularly painful so I grabbed Syd's hand. I asked her to be in the room with me when I give birth. Shes been there for me ever since the day I found I was pregnant.
My contractions were getting more painful each time and I started to get uncomfortable sitting in the hospital bed for so long.
I got up and walked around but I didn't get far, I ended up bent over the bed when the next contraction came along. I groaned and then took a deep breath, pushing through.
I got back into bed and rested
my eyes for a moment.
Another 3o minutes went by and the midwife came back. She examined me again. "10 centimeters. You're ready to start pushing now."
My face dropped. "What? Now?"
She smiled. "Yes." She started to prep herself and my last minute panic kicked in.
"Wait! I'm not ready."
"Your baby won't wait I'm afraid."
I turned to Mum. "I can't do this."
She held my hand. "Yes you can."
"No. Hes not here. He's not here with us."
She suddenly got sad. "Jazz, he hasn't been here for 9 months."
I cut her off. "But I called him. I left a voicemail. He should be here."
She held my hand. "You've got this far on your own. You can do this."
Somehow what she said gave me the strength I didn't know I had and I was ready to push.
The midwife put some gloves on. "Okay Jazz I need to you push now."
I sat up and when I felt another contraction coming so I started to push.
"Well done, I can see the head. Take a break and then we can push again."
I caught my breath back and then prepared myself to push again.
"You're doing great, a few more pushes and he'll be out."
I nodded and then she told me to push again but this time was different. I looked at her and she didn't say anything.
"Jazz push again for me."
I did as she asked but straight after I knew something was wrong.
She turned to a nurse. "The baby has stopped breathing, we need to do an emergency C section immediately."
I started to panic. "Whats going on?"
Before I could even register what was happening I was being wheeled out of the room. A nurse I didn't recognise walked beside me. "It looks like your pelvis is too narrow to deliver the baby naturally so we're going to do an emergency C section to get him out."
"Hes going to be okay though?" I asked.
She didn't say anything.
"Tell me hes going to be okay."
Before she could reply we were in the OR and everyone was in scrubs. I took a deep breath as they transferred me onto the operating table and prepped me. I looked around and I could't see Mum or Syd. The nurse approached me. "I'm going to inject you with a spine anaesthetic so you won't feel a thing."
I nodded. "Where is my Mum?"
She injected me with the anaesthetic. "Shes just putting on some scrubs so she'll be here".
I watched as a group of doctors gathered around my stomach. They then put up a screen so I couldn't see what was going on and shortly after Mum came in and took my hand.
"I'm scared." I said to her.
"He'll be fine." She stroked my head and I slowly calmed down.
I couldn't help but cry. "I can't lose him mum, I can't."
She squeezed my hand. "You're not going to lose him." She kissed my forehead.
The midwife came over to me. "Okay Jazz we're going to open you up now. You shouldn't feel anything but if you do feel any discomfort let us know."
I nodded and then looked up at the ceiling. After a few minutes I heard someone say he was out but I couldn't hear any crying. I knew that was a bad sign. I looked at Mum. "Why isn't he crying?"
"Let the doctors do their job." She said still stroking my hair.
A few seconds went by and I still couldn't hear anything. I couldn't help myself and tears began streaming down my face. He's gunna be okay. He's gunna be okay. He's gunna be okay. I kept repeating over and over in my head. A few moments later I heard him cry for the first time and I let out the biggest sigh of relief. Mum let go of my hand to go cut his umbilical cord. When she returned she kissed my forehead "Well done. You did amazing."
It wasn't long until they brought him over to me. "Congratulations Mommy, hes a perfect baby boy." She placed him on my chest and I held him. "Does he have a name?"
I looked down at him and smiled. "Peter."
It went quiet for a moment as everyone watched me hold my baby.
The silence was soon interrupted. "We're gunna close you up now and after we'll take Peter and get him cleaned up and weighed."
After they closed me up I was taken back to my room and Peter was taken to pediatrics.
I had to stay in the hospital with Peter for 4 days and during that time people came to visit me. They gave me cards and presents and Peter was passed around by everyone. The first time Mum held him she cried which made me cry. He took to breast feeding quite quickly and at night he slept on my shoulder.
I dreamt about Shawn the first night after Peter was born. In my dream he was the one with me when I gave birth holding my hand and the one who cut the umbilical cord like it should've been. One moment we were both sitting on the hospital bed, I had my head on his shoulder looking down and smiling at Peter in his arms and the next I was asleep and Shawn was sat on a chair next to me holding Peter as he slept.
I suddenly woke up to Peter crying ending my dream. I picked him up and rocked him lightly until he went back to sleep. I looked at him sleeping in my arms. "Its just you and me now."

-TWO YEARS LATER-

Shawn's POV

I waved goodbye and exited the stage as I finished my final show of the Illuminate World Tour. Everyone congratulated me backstage and I got everyone together to thank them.
"What do we do now?" I joked.
"We celebrate." Andrew replied.
We headed to a bar in New York. I'm not 21 yet but luckily I was let in. Andrew bought us all a drink and we raised them together in a circle. "Heres to Shawn and the end of another incredible world tour."
Everyone pushed their glasses together and then we drank to celebrate.
I left early and decided to go for a walk to take it all in. I couldn't believe I just finished my second world tour. So much has changed and performing has become my favourite thing in the entire world. No matter how nervous I am before each show my fans always seem to calm me down. I can be a complete nervous wreck until the moment I step on stage. Hearing them singing the lyrics I wrote back to me is a feeling I'll never take for granted. I'm doing the thing I love but I'm not doing it with the person I love. Every show, wherever I am I look out into the crowd expecting to see her but shes not there. My favourite thing used to be spending time with Jasmine but the day I left for my first world tour I had to cut off all contact with her. I thought I could lie and say we broke up but it wasn't that simple. Girls were hired to walk red carpets with me and some were even hired to go get coffee with me just so the paparazzi can snap us together giving everyone the impression I'm available and open to date. Alot of articles came out about me. Most of them were about my love life and some questioned my sexuality, this was probably because I've never been seen with the same girl which the media can take however they want but I know its because I refuse to love anyone else. Everywhere I go I see her. I hear her voice but its just my imagination.
On the way to the hotel something inside me told me to walk down broadway so I did. I looked up at a billboard and my heart stopped.
There she was posed sat on a stool. Her hair was short and she was wearing a black bodysuit with tights and heels. Similar to what she looked like when I saw her perform the cell block tango for her exam all those years ago. She was sat under the big red letters 'CHICAGO'

She did it.

Once I took my gaze off of her I found myself walking to the ticket booth. "One ticket for Chicago please."

***AUTHORS NOTE***

This actually happened to my Mum when she gave birth to my sister. If she didn't have an emergency c section to get my sister out in the time they did then my sister wouldn't be here today so massive shoutout to all the doctors and nurses you guys deserve medals for what you do!
I was a c section too but thankfully I was planned so there were no complications. Comment if you were a c section baby too!

The next chapter will be up on here in a week but if you can't wait that long then head over to Inkitt as it's available on there now😊

Please don't forget to vote and follow my instagram if you haven't already for more updates @ heartofshawnx