Not a Great Start

EXTRA AUTHORS NOTE!!!

I have completely rewritten this fic! You can find the new version on my profile. Feel free to read this but I assure you the other one is actually being updated and is of higher quality than this one! Enjoy reading <333

*authors note from the future, this is just an introductory chapter. It is definitely going to be one of the MOST boring chapters out of this fic, and I'm terribly sorry for that. Now you may carry on.*

—————

   "What's this?" Your finger scrolled through the news as a new topic was shown in the search page. "Debut of a New Villain?" was the title given for this report.
"Guess I'll read this before heading to bed. First though, I'll get a bit more comfortable."
Moving from the kitchen to the living room, you leaned against the back of your sofa. After a moment of staring at the wall in front of you, you sighed and pushed your body over the top of the backing and slipped down clumsily into the cushions of the couch. Feeling comfortable, you examined the reports title once more before reading the article.
   "Reports and footage reveal the sighting of a possibly new villain, nicknamed The Fox after a user on Twitter posted a picture of The Fox roaming downtown yesterday night. Nobody quite knows what their motive is, but it was reported that they took a civilian out of their home and was brought to a new location whilst tied up. Only minutes after the villain left the scene to an unknown area."
You skipped a portion of the text before reading the last sentence. The article held a lot of your interest as you skimmed through only the most important parts. Though.. that name. Wasn't it kind of.. boring? Although that thought didn't come back.
"The police are on the missing persons case and heroes are on alert waiting for The Fox's next move."

"Could that be.."

You questioned out loud before scrolling down to a picture of this new villain. Your breath hitched the moment you noticed what was in the blurry picture. Seemed your suspensions were right. It showed a girl wearing a long black cloak jumping across the rooftops. Although it was blurry, you could tell who it was from a mile away considering the bright red wig that was in a high ponytail and the mask which covered their face.
It was you.
This mask was intriguing for anyone who witnessed the picture, hence the name you were given. It was more than your typical surgical mask that you would see out in public. It was a mask that covered the top half of your face and designed after the typical Japanese style fox mask.

(I imagine it'd look like this)   "Oh no

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

(I imagine it'd look like this)
   "Oh no. No no no. You can not be shitting me right now." You groaned and let your head back up against the couch. Everything was dark at the moment. "Ugh. Guess I've been found out. Damn it. I didn't even do more than that and people are on the lookout for me! I'm only doing this for the client and money!"
You defeatedly stood up and walked to your similarly bare room which only held a bed.
"Good thing I didn't use my quirk otherwise who knows how easy it would be to find me."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

   You weren't the kind of villain that did something of your own accord. Despite what the media thinks, you're only doing this for the money. Not much of a surprise considering how you could only get the bare necessities. If someone wanted you to burn down someone's house, you would do it as long as you had money to pay for it after. Although you've  never accepted killing anyone. Thankfully, nobody had forced you though which was relieving.
Sightings of you seemed to become more and more frequent as time went on and soon you were the talk of Japan. You didn't claim the term 'villain' as a badge of honour, more so than a kick in the face at the reality and cruelty of what you were doing. Hell, you didn't even want that term on you at all. It felt disgusting.
With this newfound popularity, who knows what will happen next? Though one thing is as clear as day to you.
  It sucks being a villain and I sure as hell ain't proud of it.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Author's note ^^

Hi there you lovely people!! This is my first ever fanfic on Wattpad and I'm super excited to be able to write this story. I'm sorry if it's a complete mess since I have zero clue on what I'm doing but I'd love if you guys sent me some feedback on this.
I'm assuming that you all know this is a BNHA x reader insert story (wow) and I'm also assuming that when things such as (Y/N) and (H/C) etc show up you'll know what I mean, but if you don't, I'll most likely supply a guide for it at the beginning of the first real chapter when things (hopefully) pick up.
Also omg it took me like two hours to write this even though it felt like 30 minutes. The chapters so far are short, but who knows how long they'll be in the future?? And the update schedule is not clear to me at all. I suppose I'll just write it whenever so it'll be sporadic. Hope you don't mind! Anyway, sorry for the long authors note. Stay tuned for next time!