My Brothers Possessive Best Friend 17

BLAKES POV

Going to the trunk of the car I grabbed my bag and chucked Logan’s at him. In my back pocket I could feel my phone vibrating. Recognizing the number I answered immediately.

“Grandma?”

“Blake! Listen to me and listen to me carefully okay. There is a woman in your house. She is not safe and  will have a gun on her and probably a few knifes. What I need you to do is act as normal as possible. Don’t raise any suspicion. And stay together! She knows that Logan is with you. I’m on my way sweetie, stay safe!”

She hung up stay after that. I stood frozen on the spot for a second before everything sunk in. Fuck Lacey!

“What’s up Bro?” Quickly telling him the brief version of what Grandma just told me. His stance went rigid, probably just like mine. We walked in to the house, trying to keep as calm as possible. I could see Lacey standing in the doorway to the kitchen. She didn’t look like herself.

“Lacey?” She didn’t look my way so I ran over to and shook her. She still didn’t look at me.

“Don’t worry about her dear. Just a little shaken up that’s all.” The lady stood there with the picture that Grandma took of me and Lacey when we were at the beach years ago.

“And you would be?”

“I would be your Mother dear.”

“That’s bullshit!”

“Darling, use language of that sort with me again I will see to it that you get consequences.” She is not safe and will have a gun on her and probably a few knifes.

“Well you’ll have to understand when my sister is in this state and you’re trying to say that you’re my Mother when you clearly are not.”

“How can you be so sure?” I felt Lacey step behind me and wrap her arms around me waist. Damn Lacey I know you’re going to be pissed and I’m so sorry.

“Because the last time I saw my Father a year ago he gave me a photo of her.” There was a silence in the room. Lacey’s hold on the back of my shirt loosened and she went to stand next to Logan who wrapped his arms around her immediately. Looking back at the women I noticed that her whole demeanour had changed. I took a step closer to Logan and Lacey.

“Jesus Christ what made he give you a picture of that old hag? Father son heart to heart? Something to cry at whilst you sleep at night?” She laughed and threw the photo unexpectedly at the wall behind me. Making me duck to hit the flying glass. “How fucking pitifully.”  

“Let him take her away.” I said instantly, pointing at Logan and Lacey.

“No! She stays and so does her boyfriend.” From behind me I heard Lacey gasp. Really? She really think that I didn’t notice?

“Fine. What do you want?”

“I want the revenge that I’ve been waiting for the past 20 years. And you and your sister are my way of getting it.” She began to walk around the Island, dragging her finger along the counter top.

“Revenge for what exactly?” Just keep her talking until Grandma gets here. Dear god I hope she’s called the cops.

“Now now now, that would reveal the story to soon. And we don’t want that do we?”

“You tell me you’re the one who broke into my house and started throwing shit.”

“What did I tell you about your language!?” Her fingers twitched towards the inside of her jacket. To her gun no doubt. I could feel my heart rate picking up.