My Brothers Possessive Best Friend

Ten years ago.

I sat on the porch as I watched my brother, Blake, and his best friend, Logan, play basketball in the back yard. Both being only 8 years old they had difficulty getting the ball into the net. But still, I couldn’t not be impressed by the skill that they did have.

I was Blake’s twin, so that made me the exact same age as him, and Logan, and it also made me have the same black hair and grey eyes as Blake. Only thing is my height seemed to lack behind to majorly compared to his, and Logan’s for that matter. Stupid tall ogre freaks.  

Logan has more of a surfer boy look to him, even at his age. Bright blue eyes and chunky golden locks covering the tops of his eyes. He’d been best friends with my brother since we were all in kindergarten. We’d all been really close friends since kindergarten. But Blake and Logan and a much closer bromance.

“Kacey you playing or what?” Logan threw the ball my way and I caught it with ease. Hanging around with the two of them 24/7 had had its effect on me. I was far from being a ‘girly girl’. I preferred grazed knees and dirty cloths over Barbie dolls any day. Running over to the boys I began to dribble the ball in-between them, dodging their attempts to get the ball out of my hands, before jumping as high as I could a just getting the ball into the net.

“Kacey that was so cool!” Logan was first to run up to me with a beaming smile on his face. “That was amazing!” He wrapped his small arms around me and squeezed tightly. “You’re amazing!” My heart fluttered at what he said. He can’t be saying that, not my brothers best friend. I can’t feelings for him, not my brothers best friend.