M- 2

1 Corinthians 13:13
Three things will last forever—faith, hope, and love—and the greatest of these is love.

*

After all the photo ops and interviews, she happily went back to her family-- with Aga standing beside her son, of course.

Unique gave her a tight hug and kissed her forehead, "Sabi ko naman kasi sa'yo, ma, eh. He'll win."

"I should have believed you," she giggled.

"Ma, I used my hacking skills--"

Lea's eyes widened and playfully pinched his ear, "What?"

"Si mama naman! Joke lang, naniniwala ka agad," he held his now reddish ears and frowned, "I didn't have to use my skills, ma. Sobrang galing ni Sir Mitoy."

Mommy Joy giggled, "Sinasaktan mo agad 'tong anak mo. Congrats, Lea."

Lea smiled and pulled her mom for a hug, "Thank you for coming, mom."

Aga was just silently standing there, watching the three exchange sweet words.

"Anyway, you, guys can go home now."

Unique's forehead creased, "Bakit, ma? Ikaw?"

"May after party kami, Koi."

"Sasama ako sa'yo," he replied.

Lea shook her head and held his hand, "No, Koi. You can't come with me. You have school tomorrow. Bawal ka mapuyat. And you, mom, go home na rin. I can take care of myself."

Unqiue who was obviously sad, answered, "Ma, that's an after party. You can't be alone. Baka mamaya, you'd drink tapos malasing ka t--"

"You must have forgotten that your mom is a skillful and talented lady," she boastfully uttered, making Aga chuckle.

She's right.

"Ma, I know how skillful you get when you're drunk but I can't just leave you alone," he said those words with care in his eyes.

Lea couldn't help but give away a smile, "Hay, Koi. I don't want you to grow old."

That's when Aga decided to interrupt the moment, "Koi, your mama's right. You have school tomorrow. Sige, ako nang bahala sa kanya. I'll be with her."

Lea saw how Unique's face beamed upon hearing Aga's suggestion, "Really, tito? Sige, take good care of mama, ha."

"Gano'n mo 'ko kabilis ipamimigay, Unique?"

Unique chuckled and took the flowers from Lea, "Ingat kayo, ma. Kung si Tito Aga ang kasama mo, I know you'll be safe. See you tomorrow. Uwi ka agad."

--

Aga had to wait for her as she changed her clothes for she knows this will be one of those long nights. She couldn't miss the moment. She should enjoy it and she wouldn't be able to if she wears a dress. She changed her gown into a pair of maong pants and a black blouse. Her now curly hair falls beautifully down her shoulders.

Aga was just looking at her. It has already been more than 20 years but her face hasn't changed at all. She is still that beautiful-english-speaking-slightly-snob-and-very-professional-and-serious Lea he met years ago during their first story preview.