Stacy was always cool like that, she didn't make a big deal about stuff, that's why I liked her. She wouldn't tell anyone about him, I didn't have to ask for her to keep it quiet.

I called him that night and we ended up talking all through the night. I didn't even realize until my alarm went off and I groaned. Hunting on no sleep was going to be a challenge, I just hopped I would be able to play it off like I was sick or something.

For weeks after that we talked on the phone almost every day. It was a good amount of time before we both decided to risk meeting each other in person. We would meet in human territory and we had brainstormed ways to get rid of each other's scent before we went back home.

It had been almost a year now that we had been sneaking off together. We were careful but I knew the secrecy was getting to both of us. I just wanted him to be mine for real. I wanted to come home to him every day. I wanted to hold him whenever I wanted. Most of all I wanted to mark him to let the world know he was mine and I would kill anyone that dared touch him. But I couldn't, if my pack found out they wouldn't hesitate to kill him for it and without my mate I don't think I would be able to keep on living.

I reached the stream that bordered our land from the humans and I took off my clothes. I brought some of the scent spray Nick had been using and some soap and shampoo and placed them on the bank as I got in. It was still early and the lake was still chilly. I shivered a little but made sure to wash off my body with the soap before changing into my wolf.

It always felt good to let him out after meeting with Nick and you know, doing what we did. He missed Nick even more than I did if you can believe it. I washed my fur as best I could with the shampoo in wolf form before changing back and rinsing off once again. When I got out of the river I sprayed myself with the scent spray just to be extra sure.

I slipped my shorts back on but shoved everything else back into my bag before running back towards the living area. To anyone else it would look like a small neighborhood in the middle of the woods, which it was I guess, but we were all werewolves. My house was settled on the edge of the woods which made it perfect for sneaking back into before the horn was blown singling the start of the hunt.

We were the Sol pack, we lived at the base of the mountain. There was another pack on the other side, the Kuro pack, we weren't exactly friendly with them, we've had problems in the past but they have less numbers and the last time they tried something we cut that number in half. We are separated by hunter territory, human hunters. They set traps and don't hesitate to shoot any living thing they find so we steer clear.

Even though we lived in houses and had a lot of conveniences that humans did we were still pretty traditional as far as werewolves go. We still hunted for all our food, we just chopped it up and cooked it instead of eating it raw. Some of the elders still ate raw meat but I couldn't bring myself to do it, it just looked wrong.

We had ranks just like any pack of wolves. In order: Alpha, elders, Beta, hunters, gatherers, and omegas. Everyone except for the omegas were permitted to go to school, I was currently in my senior year of high school. I planned on going to college but I still had to ask the Alpha if it would be ok. It was really a tossup if he would agree or not, but the main reason I wanted to go was so I could be close to Nick. He said he might be able to convince his clan's master to let him go to school again, and if I could get into the same school it would be perfect.

By the time I reached my house I knew I only had a minute or two to get going but thinking about Nick and I in college together had greatly improved my mood from before. I dropped my bag just as I heard the horn and ran to the center of the village. Most of the wolves were already there and greeted me when I ran up including my best friend Colin.