Chapter 8: Determination

Start from the beginning

Anabel opened her eyes. "So it looks like it worked."

Ash frowned. "What was that?"

"It's an empathy link. Kinda like you and Azelf. I can feel if you are being attacked and locate you. Same goes for you towards me."

"But how?" Ash asked, clearly confused.

"I infused some psychic energy that I inherited from my mother's side into the Aura Sphere. So due to that, you and I are linked by the transfusion between the energies. A book I read explained how the powers behaved similar enough for them to mix with little or no risk. And it alerts one of us if the other is in danger."

"So it's in case they try something." Ash surmised.

"Yeah. I can't bare to lose you to them. So I'd rather play it safe. Besides, it helps us feel closer."

Ash thought for a second and chuckled. "I guess it does."

. . . . . . . . . . . .

"Ugh. Tomorrow is gonna be so boring!" A twelve year old complained loudly.

"Max, that is the eighth time! One more time and you sleep on the floor." Trip threatened.

Max gulped as he finally shut up. The group had been sitting and looking through the battle list as they prepped their next move out for the following days. Now that Ash had appeared to them again, their whole plan took a slight detour.

"Well we didn't really get anyone notable. Except for Cilan, who is basically a goner at this point. He and Chili got Hoenn Elites." Trip said as he looked through the list.

"Better him than us. So you and I have our match tomorrow along with Cilan. And they are both early. So what should we do for the rest of the day?" Paul questioned.

"Well they did release the Battle Buffet extension from Alola just last week. We could try that." Max suggested.

"For once, the kid has an idea. Could be good practice and we get lunch." Trip agreed.

"Alright then. I'll ask Dawn to tell the others and see what they think. Though knowing them, they probably want to go." Paul stated.

. . . . . . . . . . .

"The Battle Buffet, huh? Sounds like a marvelous idea." Tucker stated as they sat in the Frontier Booth above stadium 3 watching Cilan and Chili get clobbered by Sydney and Phoebe.

"So I guess you're in. Lucy?" Anabel turned to the Pike Queen.

"Hmm. Sure. I'll go." Lucy answered simply.

"Am I hearing Battle Buffet back there?" The four brains turned to see the Arena Tycoon staring back as she sat one row below them. "Mind if I tag along?"

"The more the merrier." Ash smiled.

Noland sighed. "Man. I wanted to go too, but Thorton and I have to battle someone at that time."

"I have a few things to take care of myself. Spenser, I could use your help." Brandon inferred.

"Of course."

"So then that makes five of us. What about the Sinnoh Brains? Besides Thorton that is." Anabel wondered.

"We plan to do it tomorrow since all of us have battles today. And Noland, you can come with us." Thorton called out from the bottom row of the box

"Alright." Noland answered.

"So if that's it, then we should head out here in a minute."

"Not yet. I want to see how bad Cilan loses this match." Ash exclaimed.