Daniel X Reader Part 2

When you arrived back at the apartment, you got out of the car and thanked Hank. Heading inside to your room you glanced over to the corner. 

Daniel's charging station sat there, glowing faintly. It had sat there for months, collecting dust before Daniel even left. He refused to use it while you were sleeping, no matter how drained he was. You would always beg him to, not wanting him to get yelled at for "shutting down" or forgetting something during the day, but he would always ignore you, checking the apartment to make sure Emma and your parents were okay, and then coming back to sleep by you. 

You sat down on your bed, still staring at it. Sometimes it was hard to remember that they were just androids. They acted so human, take away the led and give them different clothes, boom, human. 

Your thoughts were interrupted by Emma opening the door. 

"(Y/N)? Your home?"

"Yeah. What's wrong?"

Instead of answering you, she ran up to you and hugged you. 

You wrapped your arms around her, you would never admit it but Daniel had scared you that night. You had never seen an android point a weapon at anyone, and it wasn't something you were eager to see again. He had been right though. Had Connor not stopped him... Emma probably wouldn't be here right now. 

When she pulled away she looked down at your hands, "You have blue blood on you? What happened?"

"I went and saw Daniel."

She hesitated before asking, "Is he okay?"

Scooting back towards the wall, you pat in front of you, "Sit."

Instead of sitting in front of you though, she sat between your legs, back to you. Grabbing your hands she asked again, "Is he okay?"

Moving her hair to one side, you laid your forehead on her shoulder. Shaking your head you shakily said, "No, he's not..."

Emma was the only one in the house who knew about you and Daniel. You weren't surprised when she found out, her and Daniel told each other everything. It was funny though to see the look on his face when she ran into your room asking questions, he looked like a puppy waiting to be scolded. 

You didn't want to cry over him in front of Emma, you knew she wouldn't judge. But she had more of a reason. He had almost killed her, in two different ways. You were shocked she had forgiven him. 

Your body seem to ignore you not wanting to, as it shook violently, fresh tear tracks replacing the dried up ones. 

"They- He-"

You couldn't breathe as you tried to form sentences. 

Her voice saying, "It's okay." repeatedly filled your ears as she laid her head on your shoulder. 

You had been crying longer than it seemed, as she had turned around and knelt in front of you, hugging you in an attempt to calm you. She had become the more mature one. 

 You clutched the back of her sweatshirt, her shoulder stained with tears. You were glad she was here, you really were. You just wished there would've been a way to prevent this. Prevent losing either of them. 

When you had calmed down enough, Emma pulled away, grabbing your hands again. 

"What did they do to him?"

"He was missing his legs. One of his arms had been torn off. There was a giant gash across his chest. The gunshot on his cheek spread to his skull.... But he was still Daniel."