He smirked. “Nothing.”

I rolled my eyes. “So you’re not going to tell me?”

He shrugged. “I might tell you if you tell me where you were running from.”

“I told you I just went for a run.” I said, exasperated.

“Yeah, and you’re a terrible liar.” He chuckled.

“Fine.” I huffed, standing from the table and pulling my cinnamon roll out of the oven.

“So what are we going to do today?” He asked with a grin.

I shrugged. “Let’s spend today, away from each other.”

He feigned a hurt look. “You don’t want to spend time with me?”

I rolled my eyes. “Yesterday was enough.” I sat down at the table again and started nibbling at the cinnamon roll after I added the white frosting to it.

“I think I’ll hit up the video game store.” Dyson said through a mouth full of burrito. I didn’t say anything about how disgusting it was because I knew that it would just make him do it more.

“With what electricity?” I asked with a raised eyebrow.

He sighed. “Fuck.” He muttered. “What do people do without electricity?”

Even I didn’t have an answer for this question. What were we going to do all day? “We’re in a mall. With no supervision. Surely you can find something to do.”

“What are you going to do?” He asked.

I shrugged. “Staying away from you.”

“Ouch, harsh.” He said with a slight smirk as he finished his food.

I took a sip of my hot chocolate. “Deal with it.” When I finished my cinnamon roll, I stood to my feet. “Later.” I mumbled before turning to leave.

“Wait.” Dyson said quickly before standing and coming towards me. In an instant, he had his hands on my waist and I was pinned against the wall. His lips brushed against my ear as he whispered, “No good morning kiss?”

I was too breathless and shocked to respond. His breath on my neck send shivers down my body, making my eyes snap shut and my breath to become short.

He pressed his body against mine and kept his hands on my waist, pulling me even closer to him as his lips traveled to my neck. I gasped when I felt him start delicately nipping and sucking on a place on my neck, no doubt leaving a hickey. But it felt too good to pull away, I couldn’t say no. After what felt like hours but I’m sure it was just a few minutes, he pulled his mouth away from my neck and smiled before putting his lips back on my neck only this time, instead of sucking on one spot, he peppered light kisses around my neck, up to my ear and then slowly down my jaw bone. When he reached the left side of my jaw, I let out another gasp and my whole body tensed up.

He chuckled, sensing the change and moved his lips back to my ear before whispering. “You can’t beat me at my own game, sweet heart.”

And with that, he walked out of sight and down the hallway of the mall. After I calmed myself down, I replayed what had just happened in my head.

He beat me! At a game that I started! I groaned before making my way down the hall, the opposite way that Dyson had gone, and finally landed on the sports store. I grabbed a soccer ball and then went back to the Macy’s where we were sleeping. After grabbing a change of clothes, a pink tank top and short athletic shorts with tennis shoes, I grabbed the stereo that I had already picked out and then walked down to the play place on the lower level.