“I’m uh, in the Cinnabon looking for something to eat. Want me to bring you something?” I asked. Damnit, I sounded way too nice. Nice means suspicious. Good thing he’s too stupid to put two and two together. Why did I say Cinnabon? Cinnabon is way closer to Macy’s than it is to the music store. I instantly wished that I brought the skateboard with me, but I just kept running.

“Nah, I’ll meet you there.” He finally responded. Ah, shit.

“Yeah, okay.” I said as I ran, trying to sound nonchalant about it. I was half way there, I can do this. He’ll probably take forever to get there anyway. Finally, I made it to the Cinnabon and sighed in relief when Dyson wasn’t there. I took a seat and tried to catch my breath before he got there. The smell of cinnamon hit my nose immediately and it smelled delicious. I couldn’t wait to get my hands on a cinnamon roll after I could finally breathe.

However, less than a minute after I got there, Dyson turned the corner into the restaurant and looked at me like I had two heads.

“W-what?” I asked, still gasping for air.

“Why are you breathing heavy?” He asked, sitting across from me at the two person table I was sitting at. The restaurant was very thin. There was only one row of small tables against the wall, a foot of walking space, and then the counter that displayed all of the pastries.

Crap. Think fast, think think think, Tyler. I thought to myself.

“Oh, I, uh, I like to, uh, I run in the morning.” I said, seeming pretty happy with that answer. “Yeah, I just jogged around.”

He nodded and grinned like he didn’t believe me. “And you just decided to take a run in your fuzzy blue slippers?”

All I could do was nod. “Yup. That’s the best way to, uh, run.” Before I could make more of an ass out of myself, I stood up and forced a smile. “I’ll make a pot of hot chocolate.”

He chuckled. “No coffee?”

I scrunched my nose. “Nasty.”

“Alright. Well I’ll make those sausage burritos that they have here.” He said, getting up from the table as we made our way behind the counter.

“You can make those for you. I’ll make my own.” I said.

“Why? I don’t mind.”

“I’m not going to have sausage, I’m just going to have a cinnamon roll.” I said simply as I started on the hot chocolate.

“You’ve never had their burritos?” He asked.

I chuckled and shook my head. “I’m vegetarian.”

“Really?” He laughed. “Why?”

“Because eating something that used to breath and live and move and be alive just freaks me out.” I said, going into the back of the Cinnabon and getting a raw cinnamon roll from the fridge before putting it in the oven thingy that they have.

“You’re so weird.” He muttered.

I rolled my eyes but remained silent. While our food was cooking, there was an awkward silence.

“So, uh, last night.” I said slowly. “I probably said something really stupid right before I fell asleep. I don’t remember what I said but it was the sleeping pills messing with my head… if I did say anything.” I finally said.

“You don’t remember what you said last night?” He asked with raised eyebrows.

“No, what’d I say?” I asked, sipping my hot chocolate.