O4. THE FOREST

THE RECKONING:CHAPTER FOUR

THE RECKONING:
CHAPTER FOUR

Eleanor wasn't sure how or why, but the Pevensies had convinced her to play cricket with them, something she wasn't too fond of as a sport.

"Peter winds up, poised to take yet another wicket!" Peter commentated on himself, making Eleanor laugh slightly as the ball hit Edmund in the leg.

"Ow!"

"Whoops, wake up Dolly Daydream." Peter mocked, watching as Eleanor tried not to laugh.

"Why can't we play hide and seek again?" Edmund moaned.

"Because it was you who said it was a kids game," Eleanor stated.

"Besides, we could all use some fresh air." Susan smiled, earning a glare from Edmund.

"It's not like there isn't air inside."

Peter sighed. He stretched his arms before holding the ball. "Are you ready?"

Edmund smirked, he hit his bat into the ground twice for good luck. "Are you?"

Peter pitched the ball, incredibly well, Edmund thwacked it, hard. The children watched in shock as the ball smashed an upstairs window.

||

The group stood in the room where the window was smashed. They all looked at the suit of amour that had crashed to the floor, everybody's eyebrows furrowed.

"Well done, Ed." Peter snapped.

"You bowled it!" The brunette defended.

"What on earth is going on?!"

The group all looked at each other.

"The Macready!" Susan exclaimed.

"Run!"

Lucy once again grabbed ahold of Eleanor's hand as everybody ran, frantically they found a spare room.

"Come on!" Peter encouraged stopping so he could've at the back and make sure that Lucy and Eleanor were okay.

Edmund lead the way, he tumbled into a spare room, everyone following after him. "Come on!"

Susan sighed, out of breath. "Oh you've got to be joking."

The children had nowhere else to run, so each of them darted for the large wardrobe in the centre of the room.