Chapter 14

* Bri's POV*

I was about to say something when his lips crash onto mine.

His lips feel soft as silk and they're cold,compared to my warm ones. I'm stunned and stand there watching his face as his lips move against my own. He pulls away with his hands on my cheeks,which were gradually heating up by the seconds.

"Are you hurt? Did he hurt you?" He frantically whispers acting as if kissing me was the most casual thing in the world. I stare at him,still in a daze.

"N-no. I don't,think so. W-what are you doing here? It's almost 9 o clock at night..?" I say quietly and he removes his hands and holds up my wrists,completely ignoring my question. He continues to eye them,inspecting them and I wince slightly when his fingers press on them.

Okay maybe he did hurt me.

His face changes and he looks mad. "That f**king bastard. I'll kill him the next time I see him." He growls realizing my wrists are going to bruise. I gasp as he squeezes them.

"Louis! You're hurting me!" I hiss and he loosens his grip looking back up at me.

"Sorry.." He mumbles then pulls me close. My palms press against his chest and his arms wrap around my body. "I'm so sorry,Bri. I'm sorry, I'm sorry." He quietly apologizes over and over; kissing the top of my head each time.

I nod and fist his shirt,breathing in his scent. "Its okay,Louis. I'm okay." I whisper and he starts shaking. He pulls away and starts pacing back and forth,running his fingers through his already tousled brown hair.

"I shouldn't have left you. I should have been there to protect you! Damnit!" He almost yells.

Thank the Lord my mother is at work.

"Louis,calm down." I say sternly walking over to him and grabbing his wrist. He looks at me,looking completely and utterly distressed. I've never seen him look like this.

"Look,you didn't leave me #1. Niall told me you still had your friends watching out for me. #2," I take his hand in my own and nervously fiddle with his fingers. "you did protect me. From the day we met you've protected me. The first time we met you were saving my sorry ass." I giggle and he smiles. My eyes start to tear up.

"You-you protected me today." I smile looking down at the tattoos on his wrists. I look up at him to see him staring at me intensively. "Thank you,Louis." My voice breaks and I smile up at him.

I take in a shaky breath. "I-If you weren't th-there today-" Tears roll down my cheeks and he pulls me to his chest. I shake thinking of the possibilities. He rubs my hair soothingly and kisses the top of my head.

"Shh,shh. It's okay. I'm never leaving you,I'll be right here." He coos and I nod.

I finish my little meltdown and pull away looking at him. Suddenly remembering.

"Uhm," My face heats up and he smirks. "why-why did you er.." I stutter and he leans in closely.

"What..?" He whispers and I shiver.

Louis.." I breath out and he kisses my cheek. My hands grip the back of his shirt and he moves lower,kissing the corner of my mouth. My face is hot and he looks right at me,eyes burning into my skin.

"Kiss me,Bri." He whispers and before I can process what is happening,my lips meet his. They're still cold,but soft as ever. He instantly kisses a back and I feel his hands on my lower back. I gasp when he pushes me closer to him. He smirks deepening the kiss as he presses his forehead against my own. His tongue skims my bottom lip, making my whole body feels like it's on fire. Our lips move in sync making the butterflies in my stomach flutter their wings. My fingers move up to his hair and tug on it lightly and he pulls away.

We're both breathing heavy and he trails kisses down my face and across my neck. I shiver as he moves his lips back upwards and kisses my lips once again. He grips my hips and I jump making him smile. He pecks my lips a few more times before pulling away.

"I could kiss you all day." He breathes running his thumb over my now swollen lips.

My face is burning and I don't dare to look him in the eyes,feeling extremely embarrassed. He chuckles tilting my chin up to look at him. "You're so cute,you know that?" He says.

"D-Don't tease me!" I panic making him laugh even more. His face suddenly changes and he removes my hands from his head,and looks at my wrists again. My lips curl into a small frown and he kisses them both,lips lingering for a moment. He looks back up at me, blue eyes a bit dark.

"I'm sorry.." He frowns and he looks mad. My breath hitches and I shake my head.

"What are you apologizing for?" I ask quietly and he rubs his thumbs ever so gently across the forming bruises.

"I should have never got you involved in this. I should have never even-gosh." He shuts his eyes and shakes his head. My hear hurts and I pull my wrists away making his eyes shoot open.

"You're saying you never should have even talked to me in the first place..?" I try to sound strong,but it only comes out as a whimper. His face instantly falls as I start to back away.

"No, no! Th-That's not- I don't mean it like that, Bri." He shakes his head. "I.." he pauses looking down. He then looks back up at me,eyes glossy. He blinks repeatedly for a second as to dry them,but I already noticed.

"I just don't want you to get hurt anymore." He answers quietly and my heart reaches out for him. He doesn't regret talking to me,getting close to me.

He's just worried.

I see his hand slightly reach out to mine,but he quickly outs it back. I shake my head and smile softly,grabbing his hand back and placing it on my cheek. He breathes a sigh of relief and smiles back.

He grins again before kissing the tip of my nose.

~•~

I jolt awake and look out my window to see it storming outside. I sigh and try to sit up,only to be restricted by something. I furrow my eyebrows and look to my right and my face burns when I see Louis' face inches from mine.