She shook her head. "What's gotten into you?"

"Just say yes or no."

"Yes. Of course. You know I love y-"

"My soulmate is a boy."

I couldn't bare to lift my head. When I finally did, I was greeted by her piercing red eyes, and a bad look on her face.

"You're just like your father."

She took the sponge in her hand again, and began scrubbing viciously.

I stared in horror. It was exactly how I knew it would go.

"Why the hell are you still standing there!? Get out of my sight!"

I ran to my room, slammed the door hard, and locked it.

"Mom...?"

"Yes, sweetie?"

"Why do you hate daddy?"

The woman's eyes glared at the child angrily.

"He left mommy alone with you. And he married a man. He's a disgrace to this family, and if you ever, ever do anything like that, no one will like you."

"Weren't you soulmates?"

Her face was disgusting and full of hatred.

"No."

I knew my mother. She hated a whole group of people because of one man. She and my dad were young and stupid when they got married. Neither of them had a single clue what a soulmate was, until my father met his. It happened to be, a man.

"Mitsuki, I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to hurt you. It wasn't my choice-"

"How the hell can you just leave me like this? With a child on the way?!"

"Mitsuki-"

"You're dead to me. Fucking dead."

"Please, I really didn't want it to happen like this..."

"Don't you hear me?! I want nothing to do with your sorry ass anymore! Get out, faggot!"

She wanted so badly for them to be soulmates, that she forced a relationship with her best friend. And, it ended in turmoil.

"Katsuki. Unlock it."

I pulled open the door with a sigh. I had been crying for what felt like hours.

"Mom, I'm sorr-"

"I don't want to hear it."

"I'm still the same person..." I mumbled under my breath.

"Oh yeah?"

"Yeah."

She looked away. "I'm not going to kick you out or anything, if that's what you're worried about."

"That's not what I'm worried about."

"Then what?"

I shook my head. "It's already reality."

I took a seat on my bed yet again.

"I've barely even spoken to you. How is it already...?"

"You don't love me anymore. And I can never share my life with you, because you think I'm disgusting. You'll never want to meet the person I'm in love with-" I gulped. "You've already given up on me. I thought I was prepared for any reaction but I wasn't."

She nodded. "I don't hate you."

"That's not what I said."

"I don't like the life you're choosing for yourself."

I shot up from my bed. "That's where you're wrong! Do you really think that I'd make you hate me on purpose?! I didn't choose to fucking be in love with him, okay!"

"Don't raise your voice at me!"

"It doesn't matter if I'm not your son anymore!"

For the first time since before I told her, she looked legitimately hurt.

"What?"

"You may as well have kicked me out."

"You're still my son Katsuki-"

"FUCKING ACT LIKE IT THEN!"

She spoke calmly. "Just because I don't agree with you, doesn't mean you're not my son anymore."

I covered my ears and pulled at my hair. "God, there's nothing to agree with. There's only facts. Soulmates are out of human control. Mine is a boy. End of fucking story."

"Sure... sure. Whatever." She calmly left the room.

Damn, how hard was it to just accept me for what I am?

My first thought, when she stepped out was: text Izuku.

Me: I told her

Deku: how'd it go?

Me: let's just say there was a fight

Deku: I'm sorry

Me: it's okay. At least she didn't kick me out.

Deku: that's good. Are you going to try to change her mind?

Me: I don't know if it's worth it.

Deku: of course it's worth it. It's your mom.

Me: I don't know about that anymore

Deku: you want to talk about it?

Me: Later. Anyway, I should go. I love you.

Deku: I love you too.

The moment I dropped that phone, I couldn't help but start bawling.

.

On Monday, I didn't speak a word to my mother. Nor did I try.

I just wanted to get the hell out of that house and to school.

"Hey."

Deku spotted me on my way to class.

"Hi." I took his hand in mine.

He looked down. "Are you sure?"

I nodded. I didn't care what anyone thought of me anymore. Nothing could brake me more than I already had been broken by, her.

He leaned his head on my shoulder, letting out a sigh.

"When you feel up to it, I'd like us to hang out again. My house or, go somewhere..."

"Yeah. Maybe Wednesday."

"Okay..."

Something was off about him today. Maybe it was simply the fact that I wasn't as happy as I should've been. Or maybe it was something else.

I didn't ask.

"Alright class, take your seats quickly. Bakugo, Midoriya, no PDA at this hour. Get seated."

Deku blushed. He forgot how close together we were walking. He was already so used to us touching like that.

"Midoriya...? Why did you come in with him?" Iida asked.

He shook his head. "I'll tell you later."

"Can I get to teaching?" Aizawa asked.

"Yes sir."

"Thank you."

.
3rd person pov:

There was a knock on the door of the Bakugo household later that day.

Deku hoped that Kacchan wouldn't be the one to answer. Luckily, it was Mitsuki.

"Um, I'm going to keep this short. I'm Izuku Midoriya. Your son's soulmate. Can we talk?"