Chapter One Hundred and Eleven "Flying Gracefully"

Start from the beginning

When Qu Qing Ju woke up, the sky was turning pale. She looked at the man who was holding her, and reached out to brush aside the strands of hair in front of the face. Two pairs of eyes met, and she found the other was already awake, his eyes incomparably warm.

"Awake?" He Heng reached to brush through Qu Qing Ju's hair, smiling as he asked: "Call for the servants to come in?"

Qu Qing Ju yawned and looked outside the window through the layers of silk. She lazily leaned her head on He Heng's chest: "Don't want to get up."

"A beauty in the arms, I don't want to get up either," He Heng's hand gently slid across Qu Qing Ju's back, and unwillingly and discontentedly sighed, "I finally understand the reason behind 'from now, the Emperor will not have morning court'."

"Emperor is willing to be the incapable ruler, but I'm not willing to be that calamitous demoness," Qu Qing Ju pinched at his waist, and got up to throw the red outer garment casually over her body. She flung her head of soft and smooth hair, revealing her pale legs as she walked through layers of silk to enter the hot spring, the red robe spreading out in the water.

He Heng dressed and when he walked next to the water, he saw her swim around in a circle with seductive poses. He turned to grab a large and clean towel, squatting down and reaching with his hands, urging: "Come up, it'll be cold when you get out of the water."

Qu Qing Ju swam in front of him. She looked at the hands he had reached out with, and suddenly pulled, dragging He Heng into the water.

Ming He and the others that had been waiting outside the hall heard the sound of something landing in the water inside, and then the laughter of the Emperor and Empress. They could only quietly bend down even more and bury their heads even lower.

The end result was that He Heng managed to arrive at court almost ten minutes late. But it was such a short gap that no one thought more about it. The only thing that the officials couldn't understand was why the Emperor was in an exceptionally good mood. Even his voice as he decreed to investigate corrupt officials was softer than usual.

The officials thought in puzzlement, was the Emperor expectant of the upcoming birthday?

At the end of the ninth month, the envoys of the minor countries started to arrive in Jing City. They were placed to live in the visitor palace that was set aside for guests. Even though it was a palace, it wasn't connected with the Imperial Palace, but was constructed on a certain wide and clean street. That same street was also home to many noble families.

After the envoys arrived, they quickly sent their cards to He Heng. However, it was the Ministry of Rites' officials that saw them. If they wanted to see He Heng in person, they had to wait for the birthday celebration.

When it was time for the country of Jing to arrive, it caused a portion of the people to gather on the side of the street. They held curiosity for the carriages from another land. Even more, they had heard that a beautiful princess was sitting in the grand carriage. Such alluring gossip, even if they didn't see the person, it was enough to see the carriage.

The envoy from Jing was settled down in the Jiao Xiang Compound of the visitors palace. After moving in, the imperial son and princess of Jing, and the envoys from other countries mutually exchanged greetings, sought out news about the city of Jing before they returned to their compound.

Dai Rong looked at the teacup in her hand, her voice slightly awed: "Da Long is so prosperous and glorious, even a teacup like this would be something in our Jing that everyone would fight over. But here in Da Long, it's just something common." A smile formed on her beautiful face, "I heard from others that said that the new Emperor is extremely handsome and is a very capable ruler. Also, he doesn't have many women in the hougong. Such a rare kind of emperor."