Chapter Seventy Eight

It was the first time that Luo Wen Yao visited Duan Wang Fu. She found that Duan Wang Fu was more magnificent and refined than Cheng Wang Fu. She couldn't help squeezing He Ming's hand, feeling sympathy for this person who was walking beside her.

He Ming assumed she was nervous and smiled at her, "Whatever you like to eat, tell er sao. We shouldn't try to scrimp for them."

"Even if you want to be frugal, you couldn't save," He Heng smiled as he led the others into the front hall. After everyone had sat down, he teased, "Your er sao takes great care of her eating and wardrobe. With her here, it isn't possible to save."

"Wang ye dislikes the fact that I eat too much?" Qu Qng Ju took a teacup from a yahuan and sniffed upon hearing his words.

"I'm happy you have such a good appetite, I wouldn't dislike it," He Heng smiled as he ordered, "Qian Chang Xin, go hasten the kitchen and have them make that peanut pastry that wang fei likes. Otherwise, your wang fei won't forgive me today."

"Nonsense. If they didn't know, they would assume that I was a shrew," Qu Qing Ju put down her teacup, and burst into laughter, "si shu and si dimei are still here. You just want them here to laugh at me."

"Er sao, I didn't see or hear anything," He Ming smiled as he followed up, "Er ge and er sao are indulging in conjugal love. Us, being didi and dimei, can only be happy for you, not laugh at you."

Luo Wen Yao used a handkerchief to cover the smile on her lips. Even though she didn't speak, the uneasiness between the four people slowly disappeared.

Qu Qing Ju could see that He Ming was desirous of becoming closer to He Heng. He Heng evidently accepted He Ming's goodwill, so her own attitude towards He Ming was very carefree. On the matter of how to treat people, if He Heng called himself second, there wasn't anyone that dared call themselves first.

As expected, the topic slowly skewed towards the matter of He Ming being attacked. He Heng held a teacup as he put in: "Based on my opinion, si di's attack by assassins might not be connected with san di, but the case of Jiang Nan definitely is connected to san di."

He Ming nodded and said nonchalantly: "Since fuhuang isn't investigating further, I will not think more. Either way, I'm fine right now. It's not important who did it as long as I can have a good life from now."

Hearing the words, Qu Qing Ju felt that He Ming was probably the least ambitious and the most easily satisfied among the four He brothers. But it was due helplessness. He Qi was the eldest. He Heng had a useful mother. He Yuan had the favour. What did He Ming have? His mother wasn't favored, his father didn't care for him. If his own attitude wasn't good, how would he live?

Maybe He Ming understood in his mind that these matters had the shadow of He Heng, so he would say all would be well if he could have a good life in the future. This was expressing his attitude towards He Heng. The meaning might be that he, as the younger brother, was siding with lao er?

The peanut pastries came up. Qu Qing Ju picked a piece to put in her mouth. Her gaze fell upon Luo Wen Yao and saw her eating pastries thoughtlessly.

Qu Qing Ju smiled. It didn't matter if she knew or she really didn't know, but this girl wasn't stupid. At least, she seemed smarter than Qin Bai Lu.

"Days always become better," He Heng smiled, "It's very good that si di has such goals."

He Ming smiled upon hearing the words. Even his eyes were full of visible mirth.

They chatted and when it was noon time, the four of them sat at the table and watched the yahuan present the dishes. The dishes of Shu cuisine were mostly sour and spicy. Thehe color alone gave the viewer the impression of very hot and delicious.