Chapter Two: To Die

I wanted to do it but I also didn't want to. I wasn't scared or unsure of my conviction. It was just that, I'd lived most of my adult life for this mission and for it alone. Hunting down each of my abusers one by one and now, Amadi had informed me that the five remaining were all gathered in one place, kill five vultures with one stone, why not? But what next after they were dead and gone, I had no life to live on. What next actually? I finished cleaning my sai and placed them in the leather loops I attached at the left and right sides of my waist on two belt holes on the bum shorts I was wearing.
I stood up as I picked my leather jacket from my bed and walked to the full mirror in my room. I loved to admire my body, I was hot, damn hot. Standing at 5'7, my 34D cups perfectly accentuated my breasts as they peeked out from the top of my black tank top. I turned to the side and smiled as I watched how my small waist grew into that perfect ass. Yes, God must have taken six days to create me and then rested on the seventh, I was beautiful. The dark camo green bum shorts, spandex with traditional African geometric pattern, left a small underside of my ass visible as it joined my legs in that perfect cut. The glistening sai blades hanging from my waist made my ass dangerously sexier. I felt the bandage wrapping the bullet wound on my left arm even made me hotter. Yeah, men's mouths will water tonight, too bad they can't touch this.
Murder me for being vain, but I put a lot of work to keeping this body, I am allowed to admire it for fifteen seconds. I put on the jacket, badass style and made to leave. I though back to when this all started. Retribution had to be served.

Sixteen years back,
Residential Projects,
Oniocha South, Anambra
Eight year old me sat before the TV on the floor, combing my doll's hair. Mum walked into the parlor in her very short glittery gown, she whipped her newly made hair "Anita," she called out "How's momma's hair?"
The hair was really nice, she got these new extensions, strawberry blonde color ending in dark brown "Your hair's pretty mum".
"Awww, thank you baby," she said smiling and then started moving around picking a few of her things "well, momma's has to go into work now, grandma will be here soon." She kissed my forehead before she made to leave. My mom, Coco, was a stripper, just as my grandma was before her, I wasn't excluded from mature conversations in this house because I was also being prepared to follow in their footstep. Dad was a construction worker, although jobless now, he met my mom at the strip club and that's all I understand about how they got married 'cos I couldn't come to understand how he was okay sharing his wife with other men.
The door flung open before she got to it, Dad stepped in. He reeked of alcohol, joblessness was taking a toll on him "Where have you been all this time, you didn't come home last night and now you come in smelling like the gutters." Mum started.
"Woman not now, my head is banging," he put a hand on his head as he gently shoved her aside with the other "I'll be needing some money." He walked to the mini fridge and pulled out another bottle of beer,
"So you can spend it on more beer abi? You are not getting one kobo from me, nothing." She looked at him in disgust "Useless man."
"Don't talk to me like that, I am still your husband, you give me my respect."
"Husband keh? So you mean husband that refuses his responsibilities should still be accorded respect? No I don't think so." She hissed "Plus I just made my hair, I didn't go into work last night, I have to go and make money now for my daughter and I. Useless man."
"Don't talk to me like that!" He started, she didn't even care, she just made to leave the room "Don't call me use...what I'm talking to you and you're walking out on me?" He walked fast to catch up with her and when he did pulled her back by her new hair. She screamed in pain, he slammed the door close and threw her to the ground, and then pounce on her. Slapping both sides of her face with both hands "I warned you not to call me useless."
"Daddy no!" I screamed as I attempted to pull him off of her, he shoved me aside.
"You don't want to respect me abi?" He continued hitting her.
"Anita go inside," Mom screamed "Useless man, now you want to kill me?" I tried pulling Dad off again, he easily shrugged me off.
"Me useless?" He switched to punching her, side to side, she was more silent now as she tried to shield her face. He stood up from her, walked to the table where he'd dropped his beer and picked it up. I rushed over to my mom, her face was really swollen. He pushed me aside and pulled her up by her neck "I'll show you", he said as he swung the beer bottle at her face. The bottle shattered as it made impact with her forehead. He let go of her neck as she slumped to the ground, lifeless. I looked at her body in shock, he looked back at me, fear in his eyes in realization of what he'd done. Funny how the alcohol's effect clears when you've irreversibly messed up.
He walked away from the body into their room. I walked slowly to her body, speechless, blood was flowing her head. I started to rock her body "Mum?", no answer "Mum?", nothing but painful silence. Dad came out of the room holding the old mahogany box I knew she hid her money in. He walked towards me, I fell on the spot in fear. He grabbed me and walked out of our small apartment.