I'm Sorry, Did You Say Werewolf? [2]

Picture of Kai on the side. I know his eyes are a different colour but oh well. --->

----------------------------------------------------------

Kai's POV

"I can't believe you're actually making us go to this stupid school, Dad," I complained.

Tomorrow would be the first day that myself, and some of the other pack members, would start school. High school. I mentally shuddered. I was the soon-to-be Alpha, I didn't need school! And it would only be for one year, so I just didn't see the point.

"Son, we've been over this," my father responded, his patience clearly wearing thin. "So please stop asking the same question." He rubbed his temples in a circular motion, indicating I was giving him a headache.

I rolled my eyes. So dramatic.

"It wasn't a question," I retorted sarcastically. At this point, I was deliberately trying to make him angry. Don't get me wrong, I loved my dad, but it was fun to annoy him.

My father was the current Alpha of our pack. Most Alpha's were hardcore, cold, and mean. But not my dad. He was kind, caring and understanding. That was the difference between him and other Alpha's. My father was respected by the pack, other Alpha's were feared by their pack. My father always told us that loyalty brought through fear was forced, whereas loyalty brought through respect was earned.

"Honey," another voice cut in, "just go and get ready for bed, leave your father be," my mother said, coming around me. She stood next to my father, who wrapped his arms around her waist in order to calm himself down.

I always wonder what it's like to have a mate. Sometimes, I think I don't want one because I don't like commitment; but at other times, I do want one. My parents always told me stories about what it was like to have a mate, and frankly, they made it seem pretty amazing.

"Okay, Mom,"I sighed, leaning forward and kissing her on her forehead. "Goodnight, Mom, Dad."

I ran up the flights of stairs until I reached the top which housed my room. We were pretty fortunate to have such a large pack house, and being the next Alpha meant I was even more privileged. I got the biggest room in the house, even bigger than my parents. Being their only son, they loved spoiling me. So when we moved here they let me take this room. I wasn't complaining, being an only child definitely had its perks.

I was staring at the ceiling for about thirty minutes before my door opened. I didn't need to look to see who it was, his scent was all too familiar to my nose.

"Kai, my man," my soon-to-be Beta, Cairo, greeted, jumping on my bed.

"What's up?" I responded, sitting up to face him.

"So, you excited about tomorrow?" he asked eagerly, already knowing my answer.

"No," I snorted. "I don't even see why I have to go."

He rolled his eyes and punched my arm playfully. "It wont be that bad," he assured me. "You might even find your mate."

I grunted in response. "How would you know?" I asked. "Tyler and Jasper are like the only pack members that actually started High school from the first year and they hate it."

"And I don't care about finding a mate," I added as an after thought.

"So? You only have to endure one year. And you forgot to mention Sofia, Alicia and Chris," he pointed out. "And there's so many other pack members that enrolled last year. You could've started earlier, it was your choice."

"If it was my choice, I wouldn't be going to school tomorrow," I muttered.

We had pack teachers, they taught us everything we really needed to know. I didn't need stuck up know-it-all human teachers telling me why shapes and letters belong in math. They didn't.