"We left Bonnie there with Kai just because she wanted me to see Elena once again," Holden said as he stared ahead of him, still appalled to know that his fantasy to be with Elena once again went downhill. "Because I thought that being with the real her again would make me be the old me again. I had no one there."

Stefan frowned as he put his hand on Holden's shoulder. "I'm sorry," was all Stefan could say as Holden glanced up at him in despair.

"Would Elena want to see me even if she doesn't love me?" he asked hopeful that she would.

But the look on Stefan's face said otherwise. Holden shook his head angrily before standing up. "Great. Everything is just so freaking fine, it sucks," he commented as Stefan stood up with an apologetic face. "It's okay, Stefan. It's not your fault she completely decided to erase me from her mind. And I get her, it hurt her. That doesn't mean I'll stop from making her fall for me once again."

Stefan smirked as Holden nodded before leaving the crypt.

THE NEXT DAY HOLDEN WAS WALKING ACROSS THE WHITMORE COLLEGE SINCE MYSTIC FALLS WAS STILL OUT OF REACH. He was looking around for Elena but so far no girl matched her face leaving him annoyed. He was still yet to meet Izzie but from the disappearance of Damon he knew where Izzie was.

Holden stopped walking as he smiled while looking at someone. Caroline stood in front of him before grinning widely with tears in her eyes. She began to run towards him before hugging him tightly. "Oh my God!" she exclaimed loudly as Holden slowly hugged her back. He missed the blonde girl a lot and missed being her friend.

The two pulled away as Caroline chuckled while wiping her tears. "Stefan informed me that Damon and you are back, but I couldn't believe it until I saw it. And here you are!" she bumped his chest.

"Yeah..." Holden trailed off so the two decided to sit down on a bench. Holden looked around all those people before glancing at Caroline's excited face. "Sorry, I'm still getting used to being alive."

Caroline nodded with a smile before a huge frown appeared on her face. "As I can see, you know about Elena... I'm sorry."

"Where is she, Caroline?" Holden questioned her as Caroline sighed. "Is she in her dorm room because if she is, you have to tell me, Caroline."

The blonde was quiet so Holden stood up in annoyance. "She doesn't want to see you now, okay?!" the blonde exclaimed as Holden stopped in tracks before facing her once again.

"I'm not a monster. She'll know when she sees me but only when she does," Holden snapped back when suddenly his phone rang. He looked at the caller id to see that Stefan was calling. "It was really good to see you but I have to go."

Caroline nodded her head as Holden began to walk away. "What is it?" he questioned after answering the call.

"Have you seen Izzie or Damon today?" Stefan asked in worry as Holden furrowed his eyebrows in confusion before entering the dorm rooms of Whitmore. "Because I can't contact either one of them."

Holden rolled his eyes as he began walking up the stairs. "Stefan... They're a couple. Give them a little privacy," he mused dully as Stefan still was quiet.

"I know, but something's not right," he said in worry as Holden stopped in front of Elena's dorm room. He could hear her inside humming to a song which caused him to smile genuinely.