Part Twenty

Emma's POV:

Romeo and I walk down the grand staircase to the dining room. He looks nervous. We walk down the stairs and everyone is sitting around the table. There are two seats next to Brooklyn.

Brooklyn looks at me and says, "Emma!" He walks towards me and gives me a hug.

"Hey Brooklyn! So nice to finally meet you!" I say to him as a hug him back.

Romeo gives me a small but awkward smile.

"How do you two know each other?" My mom asks.

"We've texted a little." I tell her.

I sit down in a seat next to Romeo and Brooklyn.

We begin to talk about what we want to do on our trip. The London eye, Warwick castle, Big Ben, Buckingham palace, and more extremely touristy places to see. And of course we need to shop.

Romeo's POV:

I don't exactly know why but my smile weakened when I saw Emma hug Brooklyn. I know Emma doesn't like Brooklyn, and I know Brooklyn doesn't like Emma. Oh and Emma has a boyfriend. Andrew.

Emma sits next to me and everyone begins talking about what the plan is for the next few weeks. Emma's family wants to see the London eye, Warwick castle, Big Ben, Buckingham palace, and other extremely touristy landmarks.

"We also want to do some shopping around!" Emma's mum says.

"Oh yes we can definitely do that!" My mum says.

"You can show them your store!" My dad tells my mum.

No. No. No.

"That would be amazing!" Emma's mum says.

"Is love to take you there! We can go whenever." My mum says.

Just when I thought we were done talking about my mum, Emma speaks.

"What kind of shop is it?"

My mom quickly responds saying, "A clothing store!"

"Awesome!" Emma says to her.

The rest of dinner my parents just talk about their favorite parts of London and where Emma's family should eat and stuff.

Only a couple minutes after we finish eating dessert Emma's dad says, "Oh we better head back to our place. We still need to unpack and get coordinated."

"Okay, glad you came tonight and see you tomorrow morning!" My dad says to him.

I don't want Emma to leave just yet but I guess I can't always have my way.

The parents all say goodbye and I see Emma hug Brooklyn goodbye.

Emma and I make eye contact with each other and don't move for a couple of seconds. I really want to give her a hug.

Emma's POV:

We begin to say our goodbyes for the night. I thank Romeos mom and dad for such a great dinner and for inviting us over. I give Cruz a fist bump, Harper a hug, and Brooklyn a hug.

Romeo's been pretty quiet this whole night which bothers me because I really wanted to get to know him tonight, maybe he's just shy. Oh well.

Before leaving I look at Romeo. He looks at me. I'm not sure what to do/say to him as a leave. We are both silent and still for a few seconds.

"Bye Romeo!" I say to him while I wave.

"Oh uh bye, see you tomorrow." He says sounding disappointed.

He's probably disappointed because I'm not as awesome as he thought I would be.

We walk back to the house and I head up to my room. Right as I flop on my bed Romeo texts me.

Romeo: Hey

Emma: Hey!! Long time no see!!!😂

Romeo: Ha

Romeo: I just wanted to apologize for being so awkward and for barely talking tonight, I was just nervous.

Emma: It's totally okay! But you have no reason to be nervous lol

Romeo: Yeah you're right.

Emma: 💁‍♀️💁‍♀️💁‍♀️

Romeo: I can't wait for tomorrow

Emma: Same!! What's your mom's store called?

Romeo: It's just her name

Emma: Cool! 'Victoria'

Emma: I like it

Romeo: Close enough hahaha

Emma: What time are we meeting?

Romeo: I think 11:30

Emma: That's gonna feel SO early for me ughhhh

Romeo: Oh yeah, time changes

Emma: I hate jet lag

Romeo: I don't really get it

Emma: Lucky!!!!!!'

Romeo: Go to sleep early so you don't feel tired in the morning xx

Emma: I'll tryyyyyyy

Emma: But I also promised Andrew I'd FaceTime him

Romeo: Oh yeah I forgot about him

Emma: 😂😂😂

Romeo: Goodnight.❤️

Emma: Goodnight!