i1

~jack~

i lie on his bed, reading. my boyfriend jack, sitting on the ground scrolling through his phone and doing something.

my arm and leg are dangling off, near jack, whom is unknowingly rubbing the palm of my hand with his finger tips. playing with my fingers and such.

and i am also unaware of this loving act, as i am too into my book.

our friend, Sophia, sitting on a stool across the room also on her phone, every now and again looking up at us and smiling.

after a few minutes of the lovely silence we've been experiencing, the sound of a camera goes off followed by the sound of cursing.

jack and i both freeze and look over or sophia and she smiles, "you guys are cute, sorry."

she stands up and starts to walk out before stopping at the door, "check my story if you want to see it."

i set down my book and reach for my phone while jack switches apps and we both go to snapchat.

we see the picture, a moment we're both reliving for a second and  we screen shot it.

then it's back–just like that.

i then feel someone touch my foot and i look down to see jack slightly caressing my foot with his arm by accident.

he adjusts his position and i admire my boyfriend.

only being 14, some say it's difficult for us to even slightly comprehend what love is.

but i think I have it figured out.

i don't think; no.

i AM in love with the boy who's still playing with my hand.

unknowingly

and lovingly.

~