"I can't tell you," was the reply from Phos.

"Then how am I supposed to know?"

"I'm gonna go crazy from all this overthinking..."

"About what?!"

Phos stopped shaking around and just simply held onto the Speaker's legs.

"I should never have said anything..." she muttered.

I understood who and what Phos was worried about. Cinnabar. The red gem's future better job Phos and I had promised for them.

I still could vividly remember that day, whatever happened, whatever I've said.

"What do you think the 29 of us would feel if you're gone? Sure some of them are uncomfortable with your poison, but deep down everyone loves you, treats you like family! You don't just disappear and nobody bats an eye, I for one will be the first to rush out and look for you! Who gives two damns about your poison?"

"So please, for God's sake, don't tell yourself that you're worthless! You never are, and never will be!"

"You know that I'll help you with this too, right?"

"Well, I was only born yesterday."

"Would it be possible to forget about the other day and start with a clean slate?" I heard Phos mumble.

"Hey, don't say that, that'll be pretty irresponsible. I'm in this together with you too, don't forget I'm backing you up."

"Hey," Jade interrupted, "I have no idea what you two ar-"

"Jeez!" Phos suddenly shouted. "I'm going to start to hate this if I have to think about it anymore..." the blueish-green gem slowly faltered as they released their grasp on Jade and laid down on their side.

"Eheheh..." I looked at Phos in slight worry as I gave a little exasperated smile, feeling myself sweatdrop.

"Perseverance is the key to discovery," a familiar, mentor-like voice spoke as the figure of a large, bald man appeared from behind.

"Sensei..." we all greeted as Jade and Euclase turned to face him.

"I will be in the main hall. Report to me if anything arises."

Jade quickly got up and stood in attention. "Understood!"

"Hehe, off for a nap, sensei?" Phos jokingly asked, earning a stare of disbelief from the green gem.

"It is called meditation," Kongo-sensei replied. "Now take care not to do anything rash," he added, while walking closer and putting his hand on Phos' head.

"O-"

"Understood?"

"Yeah," was the reply while Phos turned away.

Shifting his attention to me, he lifted his hand from Phos and did the same to me.

"You too."

"Got it."

As Kongo-sensei walked away, all of us watched.

"Now then," Jade started while looking at Phos, "back to work."

"Nnnnnn..." was the reply from Phos.

Jade let off a small huff. "What's your problem?"

Phos just kept on, uh, humming? Whining? Ah, hum-whining! Eh, I don't know, so let's just stick to that.

"I'm asking you a question!"

I watched Phos, moving her shoulders around on the spot. Like a nervous kid unable to tell an adult something?