chapter two | the prince charming of sour lollies

Magsimula sa umpisa

But that was before.

That was before that night happened.

And that was before she kissed him.

Daemon continued to watch her. Jenny couldn't help but feel like she was being dissected very carefully with his eyes and that he was reading every single one of her thoughts.

Jenny released a sigh as she realized that if she was to convince everyone that nothing was amiss, then she had to walk right up to Daemon and talk to him with the civility one would grant to a mutual friend.

Just before she could follow through with it, she felt someone tap her shoulder from behind, followed by, "Jenny?"

Jenny turned around and her tensed face broke into a smile, "Hey guys." She let out a mental sigh of relief as she stared at Glenn, Darcy and Wayne. "What are you guys doing here?"

She realized how stupid her question was instantly because what else would anyone be doing at a cinema other than to watch a movie.

Darcy giggled, "We're here to watch a movie, silly. Just like you apparently. What are you watching?"

Jenny replied, giving out the movie that her twin had forced her to get Santana to watch.

Darcy's smile dwindled to a forced one. "Then why didn't you just join us. We're watching the same movie. Glenn said that he asked you this afternoon and that you said you were busy."

Only then did Jenny realize how Glenn was acting. He wasn't his usual nervous, smiling, relaying-out-baseball-stats self. He was instead watching her with a look of unveiled hurt and he looked very uncomfortable as if he didn't want to be there right at that moment.

Jenny belatedly realized how this all looked to him. He had asked her to join them tonight but she had said that she had girls night with Santana only for him to run into her here when she had said otherwise.

Jenny smiled nervously, trying to sound as apologetic as she was feeling at how Glenn was taking everything right then. "Change of plans. Santana and I decided to come watch the movie instead. Sorry about that."

"Then where's Santana?" Wayne's asked, his brows raised as he shot Jenny the look that said that he didn't buy her excuse at all.

Jenny and Wayne's relationship was that of a thin toleration for each other. Both were a shoe in for student body president for when Glenn graduated this year and they both perceived the other as a competition. With Wayne's unwavering loyalty for the school since he entered it and Jenny's track record from her old reputable school in New York, they both were even in terms of potential and reputation.

"She's..." Jenny looked around for any trace of her best friend and her twin. When she came up short, she added, "...around."

"Around?" Wayne's propped one brow up, a smirk painting his face and made him look even more annoying than he usually did. Jenny wished she could conjure up a pie right at that moment and shove it into his smirked up face. "Or you just made up the excuse so you could spend some alone time with Matthews?" His voice took a husky tone when he said 'alone time' as he wiggled his brows in a suggestive manner before they started to where she knew Daemon stood watching them, watching her.

Jenny's face flushed at what Wayne was suggesting. She had half a mind to tell him to shove his dirty thoughts where the sun doesn't shine but she knew any offense or overreaction she showed would be taken as her denying it and trying to cover up whatever it was they thought she was doing.

"Ha ha," Jenny said dryly. "Santana invited Jesse and Daemon along," she found herself lying. She didn't know why, but she didn't want Glenn to misunderstand and think that she had lied to him.

When everyone realized how awkward it was getting with the talk over whether Jenny had lied or not, they drifted to the safest topic that they could find; the graduation getaway in six weeks.

Darcy said that she had drafted up the proposal for the Principal and that she would submit it tomorrow. Glenn then asked Jenny if they could meet up after school to come up with some ideas on activities to do at the getaway. He wasn't back to his usual self though when he asked her though. Jenny agreed nonetheless.

Orla and Steve arrived and joined the group soon after, smiling awkwardly at Jenny, making her realize that Glenn had relayed her excuse to everyone in the group.

When they announced that the movie would be starting on ten minutes, the group left, leaving her to continue with the situation she had pushed to the back of her mind.

Daemon.

She sighed before turning around, realizing that the ice in her drink would've melted by now and that she had to spend the entire movie drinking diluted coke now.

She expected to meet Daemon's eyes again when she looked up. Instead she didn't.

Daemon was gone.

•••|||•••

I really enjoyed writing this chapter and think it's one of the best I've written. It gives you a further look into Jenny's life and how she first met Daemon, which no one knew of. I kinda feel sorry for her tbh.

Anyways, how did you like this chapter?

What do you think of the situation rn?

What do you think of Glenn?

Thank you for reading this book and I'm so touched by the amount of response for the first chapter.

Love you heaps,
Losalini ❤🍒