chapter two | the prince charming of sour lollies

Start from the beginning

Daemon wouldn't want this too. Because in the five days that that night had happened, he had been avoiding her as much as she had him.

Without looking at her purchase, Jenny paid for it and grabbed it, resigned to the fact that she had no good excuse and that she couldn't buy anymore time to push back what she knew she had to face.

As Jenny finally got up the courage to head to where she knew they were waiting for her, she headed there pasting on a smile onto her face as she tried to put on a front. She tried to look as if she was having the time of her life right now and that she was not in the least bit affected by Daemon's unplanned appearance.

But that died as soon as she noticed that her twin and Santana had disappeared and that Daemon was now watching her as she dawdled her way towards him.

He studied her with a blank expression. His lips thinned as if he was biting them without knowing it. His blue eyes lost their vibrance and almost looked dark as if it was too prevent her from reading his thoughts or feelings through his eyes.

There was no denying the fact that Daemon Matthews was attractive. But he exuded this air around him that made him seem almost unreal and almost an illusion. He looked like those forms of art that was untouchable and if you got to close they would disappear into the wind.

Jenny felt her face flush red instantly under his watchful gaze. She couldn't help it even if she had told herself numerous times over that she should not react when around him.

She knew that no matter how much she wanted to avoid him, she couldn't because she knew the truth. She knew the truth of what had happened a couple of months back when they had moved into town.

When Jesse and her had gone to drop off Jake at Aunt Carol's house when they first moved in, they had stopped over at the seven eleven on the way back. She had wanted to grab some sour lollies because she hadn't had anything to eat while they were driving down from New York and she had needed a sugar boost.

When she got there though, she hadn't found any and when she asked the employee she had said that they must've run out.

Just before she could resign herself to grabbing chocolate instead, someone from behind her had said, "You can have this."

She turned around and stepped back instantly when she saw the guy before her. He looked like he had just stepped out of a fairy-tale book and he looked like Prince Charming coming to her rescue.

That was the first time she saw Daemon Matthews and he had offered her a packet of sour lollies when no one asked him to.

She didn't mention it to anyone but she developed a crush on him without even knowing who he was. So she was surprised when she saw him in school and then later found out that he knew Santana, the girl that Jenny had quickly befriended. She was even more surprised when she heard of his reputation. She didn't expect him to be the guy that treated girls the way he did.

She had quietly nurtured her crush until the moment she saw the way Daemon had watched Santana with an almost dedicated obsession. He watched her whenever he knew she wasn't paying attention. He treated her like a sister and friend to her face but Jenny didn't miss the look of longing he threw at her when she wasn't looking.

The crush died quickly after that, and in its place was an almost childish need for her to get Santana together with Jesse.

Half of it was because she was jealous and envious of the way he looked at Santana the way she wished he would look at her. The other half was because she thought Santana didn't deserve to be with someone who didn't have the guts to tell her that he loved her and instead went through girls to help curb that love.