Daniel X Reader Part 1

Photo belongs to ClanWarrior on Tumblr.

(Y/N) walked into the Police Department tired. You hadn't slept in days,  your body wrestling nutrients out of coffee and sandwiches. It's not like sleeping would have made a difference anyway. You'd fall asleep just to wake up moments later from a nightmare. 

It had been two months since the incident up on the roof, but your mind had burned the scene into your skull. The image of Daniel on his knees dead had haunted you. You knew you would never forget that night. The gunshots, the screams, the blood. 

Maybe there was a reason the SWAT team pulled you out of there. 

You would never forget your sisters face. Pure fear on her face as her friend aimed a gun at her head and ready to jump off the building with her at any moment.

Shaking your head, you surveyed the room that you were in. It was a large room, that part was obvious. Multiple desks were spread evenly throughout the room. There was multiple androids lined up against the back wall, waiting to be told orders. At the opposite end there was another room, seeming about half the size of the one you were currently in. Taking one last look around the room you saw him.

The RK800. 

You took a deep breath and walked towards the desk he was sitting at, while raking your fingers through your hair and straightening your wrinkled clothes to try to make yourself look decent. 

"E-excuse me?" you croaked, voice cracked from disuse.

The androids head turned and looked at you. Shocked that you had addressed him and not the Lieutenant. 

"Yes?"

"You... you were the android on the... the roof a few months ago. You saved my little sister."

"Correct."

"W-what happened to- what did they do with D-Daniel?"

"He was shot by the snipers. You saw that."

"I-i mean after that. Did they destroy him?" Your heart hurt to think about and you were begging they didn't.

"No."

A breath of relief left your lips. 

"Is he still here? Can I see him?"

The android opened his mouth to answer, but the man across from him asked, "Why do you want to see him?"

You started messing with your bracelet.

"Please, I need to see him." You begged, "Please."

The android and the cop turned to face each other. 

"Lieutenant, we can't allow to let her go down there. It's against police protocol."

After a moment of silence, the Lieutenant looked back over at you.

"Why do you want to see him?"

You looked at him with watery eyes, "Please..... I have to see him...."

The Lieutenant looked down for a minute, thinking.

"Alright. But this is the only time."

"But Lieutenant-"

"Shut the hell up, Connor. If she wants to see him let her, not like he can do anything in his state."

That last part made you a bit worried, but at least they were gonna let you see him. You were expecting only Connor to get up, instead they both got up. 

Grabbing a card off his desk, the Lieutenant said, "Follow me."

                                                                                        ***