×sixteen×

Depuis le début

"Sounds good." I'm so excited, it's hard for me to act my usual shy persona.

"Hey, Bry!" Mrs. Lueders greets me warmly.

Carson climbs into the back seat with me and then reaches for the radio button. It turns on quickly, and Carson connects his phone to the port.

"What do you wanna listen to?"

"Umm..."

He scrolls through his Spotify playlist. "Uh, Remember Summertime, by a super amazing singer..."

I laugh. "How about Never Be The Same by Camilla Cabello?"

"Ooh, I like that one."

Soon, we're jamming to my favorite song ever. I'm not a super great singer, but I belt it out as if my life depends on it. Carson laughs, and puts his arm around me.

"You should be a singer," he jokes.

I laugh. "I'm fine as a danc-uh, a nerd."

"You should be a nerd less often, Bry. You're cuter." Carson winks and I blush.

Once we get to the restaurant, Mrs. Lueders takes pictures of us before leaving.

Carson promises to not tag me in any posts, but posts three of his favorite pictures.

[I KNOW IT'S SUPER SUCKY OK. I'm by no means proud of these but I wanted to have a pic or smth 🤷😂 it isn't a Kenzwhitnnie fanfic without a bad photoshopping amirite]

connor's pov

I'm so glad I'm here at the dance with Jayden. I'm a little nervous though. I think I'm going to tell Jayden how I feel tonight...

"Connooorrr."

My gaze jerks back to Jayden, who's standing with her hands on her hips, giving me a disapproving look.

"Pay attention...who are you looking at? Another girl you wish you went to the dance with?"

My mouth drops open. "No!" Quickly, I clarify, "You're the only one I have eyes for. I was just thinking about Brynn and Carson. When is Brynn gonna tell him?"

Jayden looks relieved, and pulls me into a hug. "Um, I don't know..."

A song comes on, and I recognize it.

"Jay!" I cry, grabbing her arm. Remember the combo we did Tuesday?"

Her eyes widen. "Oh my gosh, yes! Let's do it."

We break into the combo, and slowly, the crowd around us moves back, giving us a wide berth.

My grin gets bigger as we dance faster.

brynn's pov

Carson is trying to show me his dance moves, and I can't help but laugh.

"What, can you do better?" He asks indignantly. "Show me."

I try not to change my facial expression. "No!"

"C'mon, loosen up." Grinning wider, he tries to show me a wobble. I clap my hand over my mouth and giggle.

Carson grabs my arm and tries to pull me in. "Come on..."

"No," I insist, "I'm not a dancer."

Suddenly, we feel the rest of the kids pushing against us and see Jayden and Connor doing a combo to the song in the middle of the circle. Everyone claps their hands and laughs.

I recognize that combo...it's the one I did with them on Tuesday. It takes all my energy to not jump into the circle and join in with them.

"I could do that," Carson jokes.

"Nuh-uh." I nudge him back, and he laughs and puts his arm around my shoulder.

Jayden catches eye contact with me, and winks. Then she motions for me to join her.

My eyes almost pop out of their sockets. I shake my head vigorously.

"Do you know their combo?" Carson asks, looking at me sideways.

"No! Jayden just wants me to join her cuz...ya know, I'm her friend..."

"I'm sure you could do that too."

"No," I repeat firmly, but with a laugh. "I'm not a dancer."

-
-
-
-
-
-
-
Here are the other disgusting-er photoshops i tried to do...I promise, i can actually photoshop...

I promise, i can actually photoshop

edit: i've gotten SO much better at photoshopping, so if you're interested, you can check out my Bryson manips on my instagram: @brysonheart :)