Chapter Four: My First Ball

Start from the beginning

  "May I ask you to dance?" A young man who has a smile that would touch any girls heart had she not been in love already. 

  "Why sure." I say holding out my hand which he took happily. 

  We walked onto the dance floor and stood at opposite sides as the music began.  As we bent in a greeting the boy smiled at me and I smiled back. We took one step back and  came forth, then we turned in a circle with only one hand touching, and finally we closed the distance spinning, twirling, and moving like every other dancer. 

  "You are by far the most beautiful girl here, my lady." the boy said.

  "Why thank you kind sir." I said, and he spent me out which ment we had new dance partners. I ended up with the prince. I caught my breath but he began to move and I had no choice but to. It felt right to dance with him this way. He didn't seem to care that I was rigid until he whispered.

  "If you don't stop being rigid people will begin to think you don't like my prescence." 

  "People aren't looking at us." I say, relaxing anyway. He stepped forward and I stepped back. He stepped to one side, twirling us one way and then letting go of one hand so that I spun out and back.

  "On the contrary people are staring because I am the prince who has stolen the most beautiful girl at this ball." the prince says smiling at me.

  "Oh, pinky tootoos must have run off." I say, and for that he pulls me closer then spins me out and back.

  "She was a requirement. I had to dance with her for a while, and I didn't expect you to come here looking so tempting. I wish I had told you earlier. Eliza I love you." Edward whispers, love shining in his eyes. No! This wasn't supposed to happen!

  "You can't just say those things Edward." I tell him, as we twirl in one way, to me everyone has melted off of the dance floor.

  "I'm not just saying-" the song is at it's end so we have two more things to do, so he shuts up. He moves left, then right, a twirl, and then stops. I pull away and draw back towards him and he spins me around and then we dance a little while more together and as the last note rings out he spins me one last time and then dips me. I hear applaudes and I look out to see that in reality Edward and I were alone on the dance floor. Everyone had melted out so that we could dance alone. I guess we were that good.

  "You owe me one more dance." Edward says as he pulls me up. I smile at him and nod my head. He takes my hand and we wait for the next song.

  It starts of faster then the other one, but we get into it faster then we thought. We just begin to twirl around and dance like a normal person would at a ball.

  "You never said it back." Edward tells me.

  "What?" I ask, stalling.

  "Today you told me you loved me, and I didn't say it back because I didn't know. I tell you that I love you and you say I'm just saying it. Why didn't you say it back?" Edwards says.

  "I can't. Edward you know I love you. I meant it when I said it, and I still mean it, but you don't know what your getting yourself into. You were supposed to not love me because in I don't know a few minutes an hour, I will hurt you. You just have to forget you ever said that." I tell him, a tear falling from my eye. Edward catches it.

  "I mean it, Eliza. There is absolutely nothing you can do to make me stop loving you, and I don't want to. You won't hurt me, Eliza." Edward says with so much conviction that a few tears come out faster than I can hold them back.

  "Edward, I promise you one day you will meet someone who'll be the everything you need and want. You will hate me and you will have to fight me, but know this I will always love you, no matter what happens to me." I tell him. I know that there is alot of people here so I lead him off of the dance floor and into a dark corner, where I kiss him. This kiss might be my last kiss forever and I just wanted to make sure it was perfect. I kissed him with as much passion and absolutely no control. He kissed me back with the same amount of passion and love. I swore that I wouldn't fall in love and hear I am, in love with the one person I never expected to love. I pulled away only to kiss him again three more times.