LAST CHAPTER

A/N : I know this story was really short but, I made it like that on purpose because, I'm working on a long Larry Fanfic. 

.........................................

Louis couldn’t remember having been angrier in his life as he led Harry from the office, his hand pressed against the small of the younger boy’s back. His thoughts flashed back in bitter reflection to the details of the discussion. While there had been no written agreement it was implied that the terms with which had been suggested weren’t optional. They wanted them to hide it, as though it were something to be ashamed of. The thought made his blood swirl in a hot fury. He could still picture the look that had come over Harry’s face as their manager had sat there listing of the potential problems their relationship would cause. There had been such an innocence about the younger boy’s expression that had made Louis want to pull him into his arms and hide him away from the outer world. Even know he could feel the tension in Harry’s body as they made their way across the unnecessarily large boardroom. The walls were bare, sparse and cold and Louis noted resentfully that it suited their manager perfectly.

“So Eleanor will meet you at your hotel,” the suited man instructed, “Take her out for a few hours. Hold her hand. Make it convincing.”

Harry made a quiet sound and Louis felt another stab of affection for the younger boy. Their manager followed them, holding the door open as the two boys exited. He leaned forward and in a low voice whispered, “Oh and Louis. Eleanor was a good girl, you should consider for a moment if maybe you were better off with her.”

  Louis blinked, unsure of whether he would be able to resist physically knocking the condescending smile from the man’s face.

  “You’re choice,” his manager said in a tone that clearly indicated it wasn’t really. Without another word he shut the door in Louis’ face. Harry was standing a little in front of him waiting and Louis turned around glad that the younger boy hadn’t heard the comment.

                                                            ————

But he had.

Harry stood in the lobby of the hotel his stomach doing uncomfortable flips as he watched Eleanor lead Louis through the roundabout doors. He stared after them waiting for his heart rate to slow and the panic to subside. The words of their manager played over and over in his thoughts taunting him. You should consider the fact that you were better off with her. Harry shook his head to force the worries away but they settled back into place, almost instantly beginning to replay in a torturous succession.

 “Hey,” Zayn said with a smile as Harry slumped into the armchair across from him. The younger boy grunted an inaudible greeting with sounded vaguely like hello.

“You ok?” the dark haired boy asked and Harry turned in the couch to gaze at his band mate with saddened eyes. He shrugged, but the stiffness in his moments seemed to answer the question.

“He’ll be back soon,” Zayn comforted, “you know he’d rather be here.”

Harry was silent for a moment.

“I’ve loved him for a long time,” the younger boy said staring directly at his friend.

            Zayn’s eyes softened, “I know you have Harry.”

“He’s impulsive,” Harry explained, justifying his worries and the confessions tumbled from his lips in a rush of hastily admitted words. His hazel eyes stared down his fingers as they intertwined with each other then uncoiled in repetitive patterns, “I had months to figure it out, to consider the consequences, how people would react, what it would mean. I just don’t think he understood. What if he realizes how much easier it was with El? And even if he doesn’t want to be with her how do I know that he thinks all this is worth it? What if he wants to go back to being friends? What if…”