Family

Jewel never spoke about the incident with the alpha but it left her perturbed, she made it a point to not go anywhere that he may be. Jewel spent every day indoors with Ixi unless Joe went out with her she would tag along too. Mateo was spending a lot of time on resolving pack stuff. Jewel knew it was Norbian's way of keeping Mateo away from her, some night's he would be so tired he would fall asleep without a word. Jewel knew she had to put an end to this but she didn't know how.

Morning came and Jewel asked Mateo for time, let him know that their daughter was growing up without a father, that she knew pack was important but how important was his own family. Mateo agreed to request a weekend off. That evening while sitting in the Alphas office Mateo he put in his request for time off his daughter was already two years old and he wanted time with his family.

Norbian: What is this ....

Mateo: Everything is in order, I just need time with my family. Jewel's been cooped up I don't know whats wrong with her but she seems scared of something she won't even go outside unless pop is with her.

Norbian: Really ... and she hasn't said anything.

Mateo: No not really she just seems uneasy shes, not her self.

Norbian: Look what you need is some time alone. Why don't you take her to the lake house just you and her it's beautiful there. The cabin overlooks the forest at the edge of our perimeters you will have privacy. It can be like a mini vacation a honeymoon of sorts.

Mateo: Hey brother that would be great ... shell love it. Thank you.

Once alone Norbian sat in silence contemplating what to do. As of late, he had passed Mateos place every day hoping to get Jewel alone but was unsuccessful. Mateo taking Jewel to the cabin was a way to an end this could be his opportunity to separate them for good, and now Jewel will be mine only mine.

Mateo got home with the good news. jewel was sitting on the floor watching Ixi jump all over Joe. Mateo walked into this sight filled with love and the warmth of family an image he would always hold dear to his heart. That evening before bed he told Jewel of the cabin near the lake at the edge of their borders just inside the forest. Jewel listened intently happy that he would take this time off. Jewel felt Mateo was overworked and this would be good for him.

Thursday after a few errands Mateo rushed home to help Jewel with getting preparations for their weekend in the cabin. Mateo felt giddy like a boy again, Joe and he would go fishing or swim in the lake while his mom while still alive would read on the deck. the cabin would be good for all of them. Joe put Ixi in the back seat of the SUV before climbing in Jewel sat in the front seat waiting for Mateo to get on the way. once they hit the outskirt of the pack lands Mateo got on a dirt road from that point they drove for over an hour till they finally arrived at the cabin. Jewel looked out the window and was amazed by the beauty of the cabin.

The cottage was in a tree, an adult tree house it was perfect but jewel was just happy to be away from the alphas leering eyes

The cottage was in a tree, an adult tree house it was perfect but jewel was just happy to be away from the alphas leering eyes. Mateo and his father unloaded and went inside to set up. That evening they ate dinner outside on the deck.

Daybreak Ixi was up before anyone else Jewel woke up to the sound of little feet running around, she felt blessed her baby was a happy baby. Jewel slowly got out of bed to let Mateo rest she made her way to the kitchen to start on breakfast while Ixi played nearby. The smell of morning coffee woke Joe up without a word Jewel served him a big cup of coffee while he helped set up the small table on the deck. Mateo awoke and went over to Jewel placing his hands on her hips and pressing himself to her he placed a kiss to the base of her neck where his mark was. After breakfast they headed outside to the lake swam for a bit with Ixi in tow while Joe sat on the edge fishing. For lunch they took a break made sandwiches and grilled the fish Joe caught for dinner at dinner time. It was a full day they all relaxed without a worry they knew this was borrowed time because once they returned to their home pack business would take over. Jewel was happy after they put Ixi to bed and Joe went into his room Mateo held her in his arms the mere contact felt odd it felt like forever had passed since the last time he held her like this. Jewel had been waiting for a moment like this to let Mateo know she was with pup again Ixi would be a big sister to a baby boy, unlike human births wolves give birth at six months and on the second month the sex of the child could be determined. Mateo lay there frozen with the news of a new child, he finally turned to look at Jewel in the eyes filled with love and joy he kissed her and made love to her till they lay breathless in each other's arms. Mateo lay there for hours with Jewel fast asleep he thanked the Moon Goddess for all the blessings that were being bestowed upon him.

Morning came and Mateo planned a picnic in a small clearing nearby, Joe refused to tag along he wanted to continue fishing. Mateo took Ixi in his arm and with the other held the basket, Jewel carried a small blanket and they made their way to the clearing on the other side of the cabin trail. Ixi played chasing butterflies while Jewel sat leaning on a tree while Mateo lay his head on her lap it was moments like this that made their life seem perfect. After an hour or so Ixi grabbed her mommy's hand and pulled with all her might, Jewel got up and followed her to flower field near a small creek they sat at the edge looking at small fish and dragonflies Ixi was very curious and a smart little girl she pointed out things and mom told her what they where. Minutes later jewel was startled by the voice in her head Mateo was in danger surrounded by rogues he told her to run and take Ixi, he would let Joe know they were under attack so they would let the Alpha know. Jewel took Ixi covered her in mud to cover her sent hid her near some big boulders and communicated through the mind link that by the bound of motherhood Ixi could hear her as well, told her to stay there and not to move until grandpa, or mom, or dad got her, Ixi understood and nodded. Jewel rushed to Mateos side jumping on one of the wolves back she plunged the silver laced dagger Mateo and Joe had gifted her taking him out of the equation as she looked wildly around she could see Mateo was being overpowered by more than eight wolves she lunged forward and attacked a grey wolf but he turned and bit her arm. Mateo stared in horror as he realized jewel was there and this was a battle he would not survive his injuries were already really bad and he was losing a lot of blood. Mateo looked frantically around and did not see Ixi when he heard Jewel's voice say she was safe they fought together to no avail. Jewel watched as her mate lost his life she took her dagger and plunged it in the neck of the one that had given the mortal wound to her mate. Jewel fought until the last breath left her body, a dark scruffy wolf turned back into human form pulling the ash grey wolf off of Jewel shecking her vitals and realizing she was dead he turned to the other wolves furious and yelled:

Brown Wolf: Those were not the order was I not clear kill the betta and capture his mate. Fuck we better get the fuck out off here he will have us all killed. Go now!

Ixi remained still until she could not hear the growls she slowly made her way to the now bloody clearing. Ixi spotted her mom lying on the ground her hand stretched out toward that of her dad's lifeless body, she ran over and pulled on her mommies arm trying to get her to het up she cried and cried but mommy and daddy would not get up.

Joe was fishing when he last heard his son through the mind link stating they were under attack, Joe immediately contacted the alpha and an alarm was sent fighters were on the way. Joe shifted to his wolf and ran in the direction of the trail following the sent of his son. By the time Joe made it to the clearing, it was too late his son and Daughter in law lay dead with Ixi covered in mud in between them. Joe shifted back into his human form falling to his knees he gave a blood-curdling scream in a matter of minutes he had lost his whole family he did not make it on time, but then Ixi moved and rose from her parent's side running to her papas side scared and shaken.

———————————————————————-
Hi if you like this story please
share / vote / and comment
Your comments help so I may improve in my writing thank you
Lety