seventy nine

Leaves crunch and acorns roll. It's fall, sweater weather. The pumpkin spice season, the orange, red, and yellow sea. Steam from the cups of coffee and tea waft through the park trails. Lovers hold lovers and children hold onto bunches and bunches of leaves as they make it snow above them.

Flecks of gold shine from my nail polish. The rings on Thomas's right hand feels cool against my fingers and we are both smiling. I'm so happily content with the dinner sitting in my stomach. It was amazing sitting across from Thomas, just as it always is.

I've yet to tell him the biggest news of all tonight. I want to whisper it to him in the dead of the night, while we are clinging to each other in a sea of messy sheets and fluffed pillows. I want to whisper in his ear and feel his cheeks widen in a smile. I want to breathe in his cologne before I utter the words into his ear. I want to brush his long bangs out of his face and tell him of my biggest accomplishment.

The sun is setting just as we are walking up the steps of our apartment. Fall is so so beautiful in New York City, and I am falling in love with it more and more everyday.

The turtle neck hugging Thomas is shed the second our bedroom door closes. He falls onto the bed with a huff and I'm fighting a smile. I want to blurt it out, but I've promised myself not to.

We lay tangled in each other for a while, caressing and loving. He traces constellations onto my arms and I'm nuzzled into his neck. My fingers drag along his collarbone, and we are trying our best not to fall asleep.

I know it's time when I see the midnight moon shine through the window. It's time because his breath is slowing and his heartbeat is falling into a steady rhythm.

"Thomas?"

"Yes Baby?" He's softly smiling and I'm chewing on my lip.

"My book is being published. I got the call this morning while you were in the shower."

His eyes shoot open and his lips pull into a wide smile. He sits up and so do I.

He places both of his tenderly on the sides of my face and holds me still. His eyes close and his chin gently bumps mine when he pushes his lips against me. Warm breath fans over my cheeks and his ring clad fingers allow warmth to seep into my bones. Soft and gentle lips pull and push against my own and my heart explodes.

"That's so good babygirl. I'm so proud of you." And he is kissing me again.

6K is in the building
I repeat
6K is in the building

PARTYYYY