1.0

Ariana Jonquille knew things that others didn't

Ariana Jonquille knew things that others didn't. She knew that Bonnie Bennett was a witch, something that not even Bonnie knew yet. She also knew that Elena Gilbert was a doppelganger and that vampires have entered Mystic Falls. She knew that something was going to happen today and was growing nervous as she waited outside the Gilbert household for Jeremy in the car she was not supposed to be driving because she only had her permit.

A smile grew on her face as she saw her best friend exit his house. Ariana quickly stuck her head out of the sunroof and yelled "JEREMY GILBERT, I'VE BEEN WAITING!" The boy shook his head and laughed as he hopped in the car.

"I wasn't even that long and you could always come in." He said as he brought the smaller girl in for a hug.

"I know but it's the first day of school and I want to get there as soon as possible!" Ariana exclaimed as she pulled out of the driveway and started their journey to school.

"How can you be so happy this early in the morning?" Jeremy questioned while holding onto the car door out of fear of the girl's fast driving.

"It's a gift. Am I dropping you off with the rest of the stoners?" She questioned him, trying hard not to show her dislike for the group. It's not that she judged them for what they did or anything, she just knew that Vicky Donavon would be there. Ariana felt that Vicky was just using Jeremy for drugs or something. She didn't want to voice this opinion though, because she knew how much the boy liked Vicky.

"Yeah, I have something I need to drop off." He answered.

Ariana pulled over to the side of the school to let Jeremy out before she went to find a parking spot. As soon as she got out of the car she could sense it: a vampire. She knew it was Stefan Salvatore as soon as her eyes locked on him. She had never met him before, but she knew he was turned by Katerina Petrova. She kept a close eye on him as he walked into the school.

She frowned as she saw him compel the office lady. She walked up to him passing Bonnie Bennett on her way. He turned around as soon as she reached him, tilting his head as he couldn't sense her blood at all. Stefan took a step back as he saw the angry look on the short girls face.

"What is a vampire doing in Mystic Falls?" She sneered.

"Excuse me?" He said startled at what she said.

"You heard me. I know what you are Stefan Salvatore, and so help me God if you hurt any of these people-" She was interrupted as he placed his hand on top of her mouth, his eyes looking alarmed.

"How do you know what I am? What are you?" he questioned quickly and at a very low volume, attempting to compel her.

"And why would I tell you that? You're a blood sucker, how do I know I can trust you?" She shot back. When she was answered with silence she pushed passed him and went to her locker. She giggled a bit as she saw Stefan bump into Elena as she walked out of the boy's bathroom. Ariana considered following him to his first period class to keep an eye on him, but decided against it as Jeremy was in her first period and she didn't want him to grow suspicious.

-

After school was over Ariana went to meet Matt Donavon at The Grill. Since Jeremy wanted to talk to Vicky she drove him over too.

"Matty Poo!" She called as she threw her arms around him in a hug.

"Hey Ari." He laughed hugging her back.

"What, no love for me?" Tyler Lockwood questioned.

"Maybe when you stop being the town douche." Ariana giggled in reply.

"Wow, harsh Ari." Tyler joked.

Ariana's face immediately dropped as she saw Vicky push past Jeremy. She glared at the girl, not liking when people hurt her best friend. Since her kind is known for being mischievous you really don't want to get on her bad side either.

"I have to go to the bathroom." Ariana said as she stood up. The boys nodded and then started up a new conversation. Ariana quickly went into a stall and shrunk down to her normal height, that way she could get around without anyone knowing.

She didn't want to hurt anyone so she decided to do a harmless prank. There was a single cart with a table cloth over by the bar with some dirty glasses on it. When Vicky walked past it Ariana quickly flew up and tucked a piece of the table cloth in Vicky's shirt. When Vicky kept walking she pulled the table cloth with her causing all of the glasses to fall and break. Vicky quickly pulled the cloth out of her shirt and ran off in embarrassment to find a broom to clean up the mess she made.

Ariana flew back to the stall and put on a glamour spell to make her appear as tall as a human. She smirked as she walked out of the bathroom, noticing people whispering and pointing to where the accident had just occurred. Even a few people were laughing.

Elena and Stefan had entered The Grill just moments before Vicky's accident and were standing still at the entrance. Ariana winked at Stefan as she walked passed them. Stefan immediately knew that Ariana had to be the cause of what just happened.

She groaned as she saw Matt awkwardly introduce himself to Stefan and decided to go save him. She walked over and looped her arm with Matt's. "Hi, I'm Ariana!" She introduced herself with a bright smile.

"Stefan." He nodded.

"Elena." She said looking at the girl with fake cheeriness, "Hey Matt, let's go buy harmonicas and tape them to the grills of people's cars!" Ariana exclaimed as she grabbed Matt's hand and pulled him passed a laughing Elena.