twenty one.

The last time Aofie spoke to the Pogue's was the night John B and Sarah were pronounced dead, as no one was able to find them after the storm

The last time Aofie spoke to the Pogue's was the night John B and Sarah were pronounced dead, as no one was able to find them after the storm. After that day, Aofie would have worse nightmares than before.

She lost all contact with the pogues, as her phone was damaged and she had to get a new one. She no longer spoke to Rafe, Topper, or Kelce. She mainly stayed at home, refusing to ever go in the water which killed two of her best friends.

After she lost Sarah, she had to change something. She needed a change. So she dyed her hair, it wasn't a huge difference, but to her, it was. It was a change, and that meant a lot to her.

She no longer had black hair, she now had chocolate brown hair. She would skate around Figure 8 every now and then and wave at the Donell family if they were out on their porch.

Nobody thought nothing of her, as they never really affiliated her with the Pogues. So if she ever had a conversation with anyone, they were never brought up. Most people didn't even know she was there that day.

Not that she cared. She didn't want to hear about her late best friends, and her parents never even contacted her or even sent their condolences. She sent them a lengthy message telling them about how she lost two of her best friends in a storm, and they left her on read.

So here she was, sitting on her bed, doing the math homework that was assigned to her by Vervin. School had started for her, and once again, she was homeschooled for another year. Not that she was complaining after what she went through. She enjoyed the quietness, and how peaceful it was. Public school didn't start until the following week, leaving everyone else in public school another week of freedom.

Growing frustrated with a question, she sighed throwing her math book and paper to the side, as she rolled over on her back, instinctively playing with the necklace. She thought about JJ a lot, he was never not on her mind.

She felt guilty for just leaving him, leaving them without a word. But not a single one of them stopped by her house. So she took it that they kicked her out of their group.

Getting out of her bed, she got dressed to go out skating to clear her mind. Knowing she wasn't supposed to be leaving, she left from her balcony and skated away. Skating aimlessly through the roads of Figure 8, she yelped as she crashed into someone.

Groaning, she raised up looking at her hands which were miraculously okay, after she had crashed onto concrete.

"Watch where you're going asshole."

She muttered, looking up and freezing.

"New hair?"

Not knowing how to form words, she got up quickly dusting herself off.

"What are you doing... here...?"

She asked slowly, looking around as was she picking up her board.

"You know. Enjoying the view, walking around a place that hates me. Soaking up the last freedom I have before school."

Humming she looked down at her brown shoes, as the other person stepped closer. Lifting her head up, she looked into their blue eyes and looked away quickly.

"I'm, uh, sorry for crashing into you."

She apologized awkwardly and looked at them.

"It was my fault, I wasn't watching where I was going."

Shaking her head she bit her bottom lip and tucked her hair behind her ear. Feeling their hand brush against her skin, she looked up at them.

"You've got a scar coming in."

She nodded her head as they traced the scar on her head, from when Ward had stopped the plane abruptly.

"JJ, what's the real reason you're here?"

She finally asked, and JJ chuckled looking down, scratching the back of his neck.

"I came to see you. I hadn't seen you since... you know..."

Nodding her head, she looked down at his hands realizing they were busted, probably from when he caught himself.

Grabbing his wrist, she led him back towards her house, grateful she hadn't gotten too far. As they finally made it, they climbed up the tree and entered her room.

"New room set up? It looks nice."

JJ complimented, taking in the brown instead of red.

"Wanted change."

She mumbled, pointing to her bed.

"You still have them up."

JJ whispered, looking at all the polaroid pictures that were on her wall.

"Never took them down."

She answered honestly, grabbing his hands and cleaning them. Watching her clean and put ointment on his hands, he took in her new hair, scanning over her body.

"You look good."

Ignoring his compliment, she put the medkit away and sighed sitting down beside him.

"You never answered my messages."

He said, and Aofie felt a twinge of guilt in her.

"I thought you hated me."

He whispered, and Aofie grabbed his face making him look at her.

"I got a new phone, I wasn't able to transfer any of my contacts so I lost everyone besides my parents and Vervin's. I could never hate you, J."

She told him, and JJ nodded his head, as he looked down noticing she was still wearing the necklace he made her.

"Aofie."

He whispered, grabbing something from his pocket.

"I may never wear it, but I always have it on me."

He told her, showing the ring. Freezing, Aofie now had the answer to her question. That night did actually happen.

"Why did you act like nothing happened that night?"

She questioned, looking at him for an answer, and JJ looked away.

"I thought Pope still had a thing for you. So I backed off. I felt awful, but something in me wanted to have you. I just couldn't do that to my best friend."

He told her, and Aofie turned his head back to her, and she looked at him. JJ leaned in capturing her lips in a kiss, and she instantly kissed him back. Moving over onto his lap, she deepened the kiss before pulling away.

"I've missed you."

She whispered, and JJ grinned up at her.

"It's not Romeo and. It's Romeo and Juliet. I will always need my Juliet to finish the story."