31~his girlfriend

Start from the beginning

Stan and Pete grabbed both his arms ready to pull him away. Rapunzel had her back turned and was obviously crying, while Cassandra and Eugene hugged her.

"Please your highness, I know I deserve this and I'm willing to be locked away. But if you're gonna keep me in there for the rest of my life, please. Please let me..let ,e do one last thing."

"Of course, what is it then?"

Varian paused for a second before tears streamed down his rosy cheeks.
"I...I wish to speak with (y/n) one last time..please."

Everyone in the court looked at Varian and back at the king.
They looked concerned and sympathetic.

"Uh well...of course you may. Guards please escort him to...(y/n)."

Rapunzel and the Guards stood far away as he walked to the spot in the garden where (y/n) always was.
Rain or sun she was always there. She never moves, she used to but she doesn't anymore.

Varian was already crying as he approached her.

"H-Hey my darling..well this may be the last time I see you...you look so beautiful. I'm gonna miss you so much.."

He had a sunflower in hand.

"Baby..thank you for always standing by me, through my mistakes, through everything. You have always been there to support and comfort me. I'm..sorry I'll never get to marry you. But thanks for making my life complete."

He placed the flower in front of her. "Look (y/n)! You're favourite flower..I hope you like it."

Rapunzel and the Guards stared at Varian. They felt so bad for him they did t wanna lock him up.

"My sweet (y/n) I love you. I love you so ,ugh and I would give anything to have you. Thanks for..always being here.."

"You stayed with me always...even when you died and buried you a year ago.."

Varian recalled it. The day he felt his life couldn't go on.

"(Y/n).. no. No no no NO PLEASE DONT LEAVE ME..NO. n-no. You can't be..."

Everyone stared at Varian with sympathy.
The poor boy had just lost the love of his life.

He didn't leave her grave. He stayed there for hours. Which eventually turned into a few days. He stood there. He didn't sleep or eat. He just cried and cried and hugged her gravestone.

"Come back..please my love..come back"

"Well..bye (y/n). We won't be able to talk anymore but I'll always have you in my heart. Im sorry..I have to go now."

He kissed the floor on the spot her head was at and hugged her gravestone.

"But hey...when I die they'll bury me..and I'll make sure they bury me next to you so that we can be together In the stars forever..right?" He chucked while crying hard

"Goodbye..(y/n). One day I'll see you again, I'll marry you like I never got to. I'll hug you like I always did. And I'll kiss you like I always did. And we can dance together like before. My darling. I love you, even though your dead, you stayed to support me. I love you."

He stood up and cried harder. He walked away and felt his heart shatter.

"I-I'm ready to go..."

Stan and Pete patted his shoulder and led him away.

Varian didn't wanna leave.

He loved his Girlfriend. His dead Girlfriend.

"Your highness...the boy has..died"

King Fredric stood up in shock.

"How?? It's only been three years since we've locked him up!!

"He committed suicide..somehow he got ahold of a rope and hung himself in his cell this morning. We heard coughing and rushed in but when we reached his cell he was already gone."

"He must've not been able to handle it anymore huh?"

They said that.
But deep down they all knew why he had taken his own life.

For (y/n)

They buried him next to her. They knew it would've been what he wanted.

His rosy cheeks pale, his eyes stuck half lidded and his blue pupils now a dusty turquoise. They covered him with dirt and placed a grave stone above him.

He was dead

He could never do what they thought he would. He had never won science awards. He had never been able to help his village. He had never been able to free his Father.

But none of it mattered. Now he was happy.

Because now he was with (y/n) and she was all he needed.

Oof I was gonna end it with angst but I made the ending kinda happy cause I felt bad

Welp

Hope ya liked it