The Witching hour

And half an hour later...

I can't sleep.

It's even worse now that the summer holidays, during school term I can usually force myself to at least try to go to sleep at around midnight. I get up at 6:30 so by the time I actually fall asleep I usually only get just under six hours of sleep.

And thus, I'm always exhausted and look something akin to a zombie. I don't like coffee either so there is literally no hope for me staying focused during lessons.

I know it's not healthy,  the average adult needs around eight hours and since I'm a teenager, I need more. Yet whenever I try to go to sleep my brain seems to decide it finally wants to wake up.

Now it's the holidays though I can get up whenever I want. And my brain has taken that as a signal to say "You don't need sleep! Sleeping is time better spent reading! Oh no, you want to actually do something tomorrow? Too bloody bad!"

So now it's a constant game of "Let's bombard you with constant thoughts and memories while you try to shut down your brain!" you can guess by the fact I'm writing this at nearly 1 o'clock in the morning who usually wins.

And when I try to get to sleep I'm never comfortable. I spend a good half an hour first deciding which side to sleep on, and then what position makes me at least slightly comfortable.

I also find I like to clean at night. I will start to rearrange things. I need to clean my room tomorrow but there won't be a tomorrow if I can't sleep tonight.

The Witching hour is almost over now. I should probably try to sleep. But I won't. There are too many thoughts. Too many doors opened in my mind.

I just want to sleep. This should be updated often. I don't sleep a lot of nights after all, and I like to think that letting my thoughts out will help.

Goodnight.